• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some days you should avoid helping others...

One of our long time CPW club members has been helping a 24-ish year old fellow member build his first motor build. The young guy volunteers and is active in our car club.

He's always willing to learn, wants to do the work himself, does research, gets necessary tools, follows direction, follows advice. And he has a realistic budget that meets his goals (his eyes aren’t bigger than his stomach).

They just broke in the motor last weekend... 500 inch, quality parts, carefully picked cam, 14-15in vacuum at idle, easy to tune, and growth potential.

BTW that long time CPW member has been a key part of the club since he was in his early 20's. And he got advice and help back then too.

View attachment 1316336
Attaboy-Logo.png

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1316395
Now THAT is what I'm talking about! :thumbsup:

Thanks goes out to club member Troy that's overseeing and guiding him along.

I've been a clubmember since I was 18. And owe a lot to those that have helped me over the decades. Most all the services I've done to my car have been found through club networking in some capacity.

Thanks goes out to club member Troy that's overseeing and guiding him along.

I've been a clubmember since I was 18. And owe a lot to those that have helped me over the decades. Most all the services I've done to my car have been found through club networking in some capacity.
Your club seems to do a great job, and have been doing a great job for years... Many clubs seem to be all about little cliques and they tend to implode.. Or at least cater to the clique till many members bail...

Your club seems to do a great job, and have been doing a great job for years... Many clubs seem to be all about little cliques and they tend to implode.. Or at least cater to the clique till many members bail...

It's been real tough with Covid deal.

Are old meeting place, Masonic Temple, stopped for Covid. And not reopened because is being sold. We had to do meetings in a parking lot. So big issue is finding a real club meeting place and getting everyone back active with activities.

I have been involved with CPW for most of my life (seriously) and there has been some real good people that have both come and gone over the past 36 years. The whole idea of a car club it to have fun and learn from one another. I have done plenty of both and now it’s time to pass on the fun on to the next generation.

4EAAC2DC-B988-47CF-A52D-C644A744A7CB.jpeg

I have been involved with CPW for most of my life (seriously) and there has been some real good people that have both come and gone over the past 36 years. The whole idea of a car club it to have fun and learn from one another. I have done plenty of both and now it’s time to pass on the fun on to the next generation.

View attachment 1316482

Thanks Troy for joining in and posting

Anyone else have a POSITIVE story about helping a newbie Mopar owner? Or being helped themselves?

I would love to have the opportunity to help out some kid that had an interest in these cars. Last Summer at our Sacramento show, I saw a guy in a Duster in our "Under Construction" class. He had no dash pad. I gave him my number. I have some parts stashed away that are not quite nice enough to be show quality but still okay for a driver quality car. He came by and got a dash pad along with a BUNCH of unassembled plastic car models that a car club buddy gave me when he moved out of state.
I like the practice of fostering the interests of the new guys. Parts are not as easy to find as they used to be. I told that guy that I had some more parts if he needed them but he hasn't been back. Maybe I should have been wearing pants instead of just my underwear when he came by. Maybe I scared him off.

1 laugh 5.gif

Ron, check out my post #38 above. The story gets deeper.
I did. GREAT information we should know about. You have been through 'H E double hockey sticks' as a DJ used to say on a station here. Glad to hear you made it through and doing fine. Took me a long time to lose the shock of losing my friend, five years younger than me. Many great times together and tough times we endured together. He was like a brother. Thought he'd make it to 100 doing a eulogy for me instead of me doing it for him.
All the best.

Auto Transport Service
Back