• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Info on New Charger

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
Ok, so just found out some cool info and got to see the new 'charger'. It is based on a 68 charger and is an electric vehicle. It will be a 2 door FINALLY, and also have a 4 door model as well. This is known or at least been leaked. What isn't really common knowledge is that this platform can also have an ICE installed. And after the electric version is released, there will be at least one but possibly 2 gas versions with the new 3.0 inline 6 dual turbo charged engine with up to 560 hp. Not too shabby. I'm excited for that.
I also understand now why the hemi and ICE are being phased out. It's not by choice. It was legislated and there are attenpts at mandating a licensure for the ability to manufacture a vehicle and if you aren't zero carbon, you won't get a license. Just crazy.
I will try to get some pics if I can.

As promised.
20230322_182432.jpg
20230322_182419.jpg
20230322_182411.jpg
20230322_182402.jpg
20230322_182348.jpg
20230322_182328.jpg

Why is it that several of these new electric cars have a full width band of lights across the front end?

Lights and entertainment are geared towards kids and folks to make them cooler... guys like us look at the real details like curb appeal, torque/ hp and repair ability and lastly cost..Lol

The roofline and decklid,or lack there of are hideous. The look like some goofy looking Audi from the 1990s! All electric cars are ugly and this one fits right in with the rest of them! It bears no resemblance to any 68 Charger I have ever seen. Atleast they built the modern Challengers to resemble the original Challengers.

The roofline and decklid,or lack there of are hideous. The look like some goofy looking Audi from the 1990s! All electric cars are ugly and this one fits right in with the rest of them! It bears no resemblance to any 68 Charger I have ever seen. Atleast they built the modern Challengers to resemble the original Challengers.
This is the first gen. Remember what the L body 'chargers' looked back when they first came out? I agree, I am not a fan of electric cars, but basically the company has no say in tge matter. They are caught between the buying public and the government. If no one buys them, they'll sit on lots and the government will end up holding the bag once again. I would consider one of the later models that will have the 3.0 turbo with 500+ hp. But probably not since I love my new scat pack

I was wondering the same thing about lights and what not, it did not occur to me that we are no longer the demographic they are after.

Do not hate it because it is electric
If you do not like the looks or style then fine do not buy it
My wife bought an electric that I have been driving some and they have a lot more zip in them than a gas version of the same car
I can only imagine how much fun the new electric mopars will be and can not wait till I have a chance to drive one
Yes I have a 2022 Ram and a 69 and 70 Charger so I can see the views from both sides of the fence
My 2 cents

The fastback looks more like tesla's than charger's....but I suppose mopar fans should consider themselves lucky, stellantwhoever could have pulled a ford and put the charger name on an SUV.

I don't give a **** if they are the fastest vehicle on 4 wheels.
An electric car with fake exhaust noises instead of a real V8 is comparable to a blow up doll vs a real woman.

Last edited:
I don't give a **** if they are the fastest vehicle on 4 wheels.
An electric car with fake exhaust noises compared to a real V8 is comparable to a blow up doll vs a real woman.
Can I use that quote? Lol! Hahahahahaha

Centerlock wheels?

Four bucket seats?

They should have borrowed some styling from the '67-'69 Cuda fastbacks. :)

Is that a fratzog or a biohazard symbol on the front and back of the car? :poke:

Should be nice looking after three more model years.

I'll take the future model with a twin turbo 24 valve DOHC inline 6, manual transmission, LSD, independent rear suspension, and a 100,000 mile warranty.

Nah. Not for me. Golf Carts and inline sixes. Nope. And the hell with Peugeot for ******* us during the last hurrah.

The fastback looks more like tesla's than charger's....but I suppose mopar fans should consider themselves lucky, stellantwhoever could have pulled a ford and put the charger name on an SUV.
Ford is still going to offer the V8 rear wheel drive Mustang in its current form along with the goofy looking electric Mustang SUV. If Dodge was smart they would have done the same! We are their customer base and I am all done buying them. They caved to the climate clowns claiming that the sky is falling so they can force electric cars on us,only because they have billions invested in selling them, not because they care about the planet! They are destroying the planet strip mining for the materials to make the batteries for them.

Kern Dog that was well said! And yes they did cave to the climate gods and I see it as the end of the auto industry except imports and disposable **** boxes

Why is it that several of these new electric cars have a full width band of lights across the front end?

I remember when all the cars got tiny grills in the 90s, and on some the grill disappeared altogether. At least that reflected a change in function. Then Audi started doing big ugly fake grills and for no apparent reason all the manufacturers thought that was a great idea, and the grills got bigger and bigger and bigger. For some reason the auto industry can't resist a trend once it starts.

An electric car with fake exhaust noises instead of a real V8 is comparable to a blow up doll vs a real woman.

I can see this getting out of hand, but Real Dolls are hotter than most of the women I see at Wal-Mart.

Auto Transport Service
Back