• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Info on New Charger

I have already bought my last new Dodge,they are done!
Pretty much the way I see it also. There will still be enough used ICE cars out there to last me to my grave,
fortunately - and none will be hybrid or plug-in assisted.
Dodge forgot what brought them to the dance, which is suicidal for any company.

Right now in Rhode Island, they are trying to pass a law banning the sale of all gas powered lawn equipment, and banning the use of them by the year 2028. They want neighbors who see people who are using gas powered lawn mowers and equipment to video them with their phones and turn the video in to the department of environmental management and they will issue fines based upon the video evidence! How long before they come after our cars?

That clearly smacks of Communism where ratting out a neighbor gets you perks from the government.

Looks too 'French' :jackoff:
& I doubt the final product looks like that either
they rarely do, from concept to production

at least it's a 2 dr "concept"
the turbo'd 'Hurricane' straight six, is intriguing,
be a great engine to put in a Dakota 4x4 if they were smart, bring it back
but I'm not in the market
& I won't buy any EV
I'm certainly not their demographic customer

It's like they don't even know or care about
'their loyal customer base !!
it's sad really...

Right now in Rhode Island, they are trying to pass a law banning the sale of all gas powered lawn equipment, and banning the use of them by the year 2028. They want neighbors who see people who are using gas powered lawn mowers and equipment to video them with their phones and turn the video in to the department of environmental management and they will issue fines based upon the video evidence! How long before they come after our cars?

Not very.

I believe they will kill most off with the exorbitant price of insurance. It’s required in most states. So the well off 911 guys will be OK. Thank God…

Looks too 'French' :jackoff:
& I doubt the final product looks like that either
they rarely do, from concept to production

at least it's a 2 dr "concept"
the turbo'd 'Hurricane' straight six, is intriguing,
be a great engine to put in a Dakota 4x4 if they were smart, bring it back
but I'm not in the market
& I won't buy any EV
I'm certainly not their demographic customer

It's like they don't even know or care about
'their loyal customer base !!
it's sad really...
It's not a concept. That is production.

I remember when all the cars got tiny grills in the 90s, and on some the grill disappeared altogether. At least that reflected a change in function. Then Audi started doing big ugly fake grills and for no apparent reason all the manufacturers thought that was a great idea, and the grills got bigger and bigger and bigger. For some reason the auto industry can't resist a trend once it starts.
Copycats because they have a total lack of imagination; and Marketing won't permit monies to be spent on styling originality.

Consequently, I was shocked by the C8 Corvette.

C8 looks Italian. C7 looks like hell. Design by committee. Chrysler boys in the late 60’s had it figured out in clay. Timeless.

All of the 60's production cars had a period when few wanted them and they were left to rot in fields and junkyards.

IMO the "techno" surface treatment of C7, 8, and Camaro 6 was a horrible mistake.

Consumers consume. :p

For the Big 3, there were some styling beauties in the 1950's, a handful or two more in the 1960's, far fewer in the 1970's, and nothing remarkable in the 1980's (except maybe the Daytona Turbo Z?).

Anyway, the real problem with cars today is MSRP:

According to Kelley Blue Book and the Bureau Of Labor Statistics, the average new car price at the beginning of 2023 is $49,388! That is an absurd amount of money to be spent on a car.

Back in 2021, the reported estimated average transaction price for a light vehicle in the United States was $37,876. Spending more than $40,000 for a new car if your household earns less than $200,000 a year is unwise. With this type of car spending, it is unlikely you will save and invest enough to live a comfortable retirement.
Source: The Average New Car Price Is Unbelievably High.

Nothing I’m looking at is $49,300!

80's and 90's cars are coming on strong. I grew up in the 80's and I love many of the cars of that time period. Even FWD 2.2 K cars.

Nothing I’m looking at is $49,300!
That's the problem with using averages to predict something, the highs offset the lows.
With that being said, most cars worth having for me, are right at that average or a lot higher. I shouldn't have bought that scat pack, but I did, so now I have to bust butt and get more side income flowing.

Today's average vehicle MSRP would be better spent on a shop/garage!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back