• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something pretty cool happened to me at the track today....

LemonWedge

Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
I was at the track today hanging with a buddy between rounds when the owner of our race series title sponsor came and found me. Rob Gillette is the owner of A-Street Automotive, a full service auto repair shop in Auburn WA. They are a new sponsor for our ET series this year, and Rob has been active in getting to know a lot of us that are in the points chase. We exchanged greetings and then he pulled a card out of his pocket and hands it to me saying “I wanted to get you this”.... I look down and see a Pacific Raceways “Gold Card” with my name on it. A Gold Card basically gets you free tech cards for the entire season. Typically, they are awarded to the season champion in each class, good for the following year. This is roughly a $750 value.

“What is this for?” I ask. “I just really like how you’ve handled the troubles you’ve had with your car this year, and wanted to help you out”. (I broke the rear end at the 1st outing of the year; after turning that around I ran into fuel system gremlins next time out). “Seriously? I don’t know what to say... wow”. He then proceeded to give me a couple of T-shirts and say “I’ll be rooting for you, good luck the rest of the season”. We continued to chat for quite a while before he jumped in his golf cart and took off.

WOW.... I am humbled and grateful. Without question the coolest thing that’s ever happened to me at the track. This sport is full of so many cool people!

BB031D41-BF6A-48F9-AF67-34641AB0382E.jpeg

Last edited:
Good story to share, and one of the best parts of racing.
Congratulations!

Awesome!! Nice when your efforts are recognized...

Thanks for brightening up my day with your feel good story and well deserved rewards - we need more people like him in this World

Congratulations on your racing perks - hope you have a few less gremlins and a successful season this year.

Wow, that is really cool!
It's acts like that, that will lift you up keep you motivated.

It nice to race with people who care. I broke this weekend. Brad who co-runs our series came down to see what happened. Then handed me a pail of VP fuel. Said this may ease the sting a bit. Little stuff helps. Or in your case big stuff. Congrats.
Doug

Last edited:
That's cool he did that for you , just shows hard work does pay off congratulations

Wow, that's awesome!

I've had a few small things done for me so I could continue racing that I was blown away by but your experience blows that away!

That's awesome, nice to have people like that out there.

That's all kinds of good KARMA there...

congrats, that is an awsome perk
he's a good man, sees the good in another good man

:luvplace:

Auto Transport Service
Back