• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sOUTH MOUNTAIN DRAGWAY/cARLISLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI-ITIS

STREETER on LI
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
I have just been informed that MOPAR day at the track will be on Sunday,not Friday.Carlisle has created an autocross track with thier event being held on Friday.So,,,,,,South Mountain will will open their gates at 8 AM for a full day of racing at this historic track.We all normally pack up and go home early on Sunday,BUT not this year.Hope to see you all there on Sunday!!!! I am real happy about the new ownership and ALL the improvements that have been made with alot of new pavement so there is not so much "gravel"

See ya there!!:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::eusa_clap::blob1:

Thats great. Life keeps happening to me every weekend there is a mopar show. The only day i have free that weekend is Sunday. I know this may suck for a lot of you but it makes my day.

I wish, but no way

Makes for a 3 day car event that way...

I look forward to seeing a bunch of photos & hope some videos too, :headbang:

Hemi-ItIs are you going to be running your 63 there ??

I'd love to see it run, maybe someday in person too... :eusa_clap:

Good Luck to all those that attend...
I hope the new ownership/management works out well too

I will indeed be running my car:3gears:.Let's see what 6lbs on pump gas can do.:blob1:
Will be a great weekend starting with the cruze in at CMV Dodge Thursday night, the York Reunion Friday or Saturday and then hang out at the track on Sunday.:happy1:

- - - Updated - - -

I will indeed be running my car.Let's see what 6lbs on pump gas can do!

did hurricane Arthur mess everything up ??, looked like it was going right over that area

Thanks I was wondering, the weather guys/ladies were all predicting doom & gloom, for that area

If anything it dropped the temperature. It has been miserable hot and humid. Yesterday and today were perfect. Low humidity and temps back in the 80's. If only next weekend could be this nice.

NEXT SUNDAY 88 DEGREES AND A 70% CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. not looking good at all.

well it looks like bad news for this Sunday. right from south mountain facebook page.

South Mountain Raceway

2 hrs · .

Due to Timing System Issues Opening Day will be moved back to July 20, 2014

Gates open @ 8AM, Time Runs 11AM, Elim around 2PM.

Come one come all, all Classes running. Super Pro, Motorcycle/Sled, Pro E T, Street, Trophy, Sports Compact, Jr. Dragster, and Time Runs. To celebrate the 50th Year of the Hemi, if a Chrysler wins Super, Pro, or Street Class the winner will receive an additional $100.00.

Also we will be running a Second Chance Race after 2nd Round for $10.00.

We are excited about getting this season underway and Mike Natoli and all would like to say Thank you to all that helped again this past weekend. The track has never looked better.

What a shame, this would have been an awesome weekend to see some great racing there. I bet this ruined a lot of guys plans.

That sucks. I was going to teach you guys a lesson. Maybe next year.

That sucks. I was going to teach you guys a lesson. Maybe next year.

I was gonna school you there on sunday, early departure at Beaver Springs and then to South Mt. for some tromping. oh well.

I cant believe there's no pictures of the Sunday opening day. How was the turnout?

Did they have it Sunday?

I thought it was postponed due to trouble with the timing. Like in the "timing system"...

Just checked the website:

"7/7/2014 - Due to Timing System Issues Opening Day will be moved back to July 20, 2014"

"Sunday, *July 20, 2014 - We will be running another fun day. *There will be no timing and no time tickets.
All race vehicles are welcome this week. *$20 a vehicle to run, *Spectators $10 or $20 a car load.*
Gates Open at 8AM, *Running between 11-3."

Did they have it Sunday?

I thought it was postponed due to trouble with the timing. Like in the "timing system"...

Just checked the website:

"7/7/2014 - Due to Timing System Issues Opening Day will be moved back to July 20, 2014"

"Sunday, *July 20, 2014 - We will be running another fun day. *There will be no timing and no time tickets.
All race vehicles are welcome this week. *$20 a vehicle to run, *Spectators $10 or $20 a car load.*
Gates Open at 8AM, *Running between 11-3."

they were going to do old school flag drop with street legal,mufflered, insured street cars only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back