• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Space X test launch sending Elon Musks Tesla Roadster into space!

idrivemopar

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Todays test launch of Space X Falcon Heavy will carry Elon Musks Tesla Roadster, complete with a manikin in the drivers seat, into space if it is successful and will put the car into an elliptical orbit around the sun. I wonder what aliens would think if they found it sometime in the future when we are all gone!

https://www.space.com/39606-spacex-falcon-heavy-fourth-car-space.html

Todays test launch of Space X Falcon Heavy will carry Elon Musks Tesla Roadster, complete with a manikin in the drivers seat, into space if it is successful and will put the car into an elliptical orbit around the sun. I wonder what aliens would think if they found it sometime in the future when we are all gone!

https://www.space.com/39606-spacex-falcon-heavy-fourth-car-space.html
Maybe the batteries will screw the thing up. Don't think they can burn in a vacuum.

Wow, this is some really critical necessary ****, huh¿¿. Can't fix stupid. Taking the idea from Heavy Metal

Pretty sure this was the first test so they decided to launch a car instead of a billion dollar satellite or worse humans just in case. Makes sense to me, a bit of a publicity stunt but it got our attention.

T minus 5 minutes. I guess if all goes well, he can say he owns the fastest car not on earth as it will be traveling about 40K mph, or the only space car! LOLOL

I have to admit, watching rocket launches is cool no matter who is doing it. They succeeded and also landed to rocket boosters sections which was unreal watching those land. The views of the starman in the tesla with earth below was awesome!!! I didn't know they were going to do it with the fearing off the module!
launch2.jpg

launch1.jpg

boosterlanding.jpg

starman.jpg

starman2.jpg

I certainly hope {better not be} it's not being funded/subsidized
by US taxpayers at all either, for that stupid stunt/advertisement
fucken' gimmick...

I do love the space program, NASA

just not Elon Musks or Tesla
let a;lone the taxpayers bailing them out constantly or
giving them preferential funding or treatments, carried over from
picking the losers, Owedumba$$ Admin. era...

Now I do like the band Tesla, I went to HS school with the lead singer

Well, NASA is still bloated when it comes to how much to build something as the same type of launch with their new rocket, when ever it gets flight ready will cost 1 billion, where at least space x and the other companies out there are doing it for less than half that cost and while I am not a fan of government subsidizing stuff like this, but we all know its happening because the government and NASA potentially have a stake in their success. With that said, I would rather see a car shot into space versus a big chunk of concrete or some other boring weight they use as payload during test flights.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will be able to get updated photos of the car as it treks out into space, would be interesting to see what absolute zero does to a production car.

IMHO, I would rather see our gov't subsidize private industry here in the USA to get us back into space as opposed to having to rely on the Russians for a ride to the space station.

Believe they tested 4 Saturn V rocket before first manned flight. They launched 13 in total, zero failures.

NASA has been gutted and the gubment can't even put a satellite in space by itself anymore. SpaceX is one of the only entities out there able to do it (not to mention the only one in the USA), and NASA is using them as a contractor for delivering their stuff into space. Also, it's cheaper than NASA did it anyhow because they are recovering the boosters and saving major $$$ per flight.

The Falcon Heavy is the latest innovation, and again one of the only possible ways of getting payloads to Mars. It's a test flight. Tests are important so you can do it right when it counts. NASA did tests all the time.

Musk's other companies are definitely getting subsidies, but SpaceX isn't in the same sense that Tesla is. The gov't is paying for a trip into space. Unless you like your tax dollars going to the Russians so they can do it for us, it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

Develop cutting-edge rocket and aerospace technology here at home and create thousands of high-skilled jobs? Sign me up.

Send more. For every one sent, I don't have to donate a $7500 tax credit.

Neat to watch especially how everything returned to earth and landed beautifully. That car will end up at Barrett Jackson in a few decades once retrieved......LOL

Neat to watch especially how everything returned to earth and landed beautifully. That car will end up at Barrett Jackson in a few decades once retrieved......LOL
I was thinking the same thing until I read that it will never be back. It belongs to future space aliens, maybe it will be retrieved by them and featured on Andromeda Space Dock auction and rummage sale! LOL

IMHO, I would rather see our gov't subsidize private industry here in the USA to get us back into space as opposed to having to rely on the Russians for a ride to the space station.
&/Or China for a taxi ride to the international space station

It's sickening what the Liberals have done to NASA,
over the past 10 or so years, I know they are our military & private industry too
{Oh I know NASA aren't great with budgets either, no govt. program is, but I trust NASA}
but I do not trust Liberals or Tesla/Musk's not just hand picked/select rich fucks that,
campaign donors, that all profit constantly, of liberal BS policies all while they waste billions
& can't budget what they have, use it on pet projects, like that stunt, then constantly needing
a bail out, fix, yet again, like Musk's Tesla co. does, because he pisses it all away of frivolous BS...

I'm all for private industry, they can put stuff to work far faster,
not as much bureaucracy, just not certain ones that have a golden spoon,
like them...

This is Buck Rogers stuff! Who would ever think that you could return a rocket to earth and land it on its end. When they first accomplished this I thought wow! Now they are going to return three pieces after sending a hunk of junk toward Mars with cameras mounted on it. There's a whole lot of talent and brains behind this!
9c02e2c44b369fb0b35889ee08720f47--funny-comics-horror-comics.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back