• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spare tire - up or down?

Mike Szadaj

Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
1968 Coronet RT. Does the spare tire get stored in the trunk with the front of the tire facing up or down? I am mounting a RWL tire on a regular wheel, so I can't put it in right now to see. I want to mount the tire with the letters up and showing, even if I have to mount it backwards. I am thinking the front of the tire faces down.

1968 Coronet RT. Does the spare tire get stored in the trunk with the front of the tire facing up or down? I am mounting a RWL tire on a regular wheel, so I can't put it in right now to see. I want to mount the tire with the letters up and showing, even if I have to mount it backwards. I am thinking the front of the tire faces down.

P8230047.JPG

Note that the above pictured spare is mounted on a reverse offset wheel, not the standard offset. You may have to mount face side down to attach the jack parts to the mounting stud.

Note that the above pictured spare is mounted on a reverse offset wheel, not the standard offset. You may have to mount face side down to attach the jack parts to the mounting stud.

15x8 Ramcharger wheel,4 1/2" back space.

Mine has always been face side up like the redline tire shot. The jack instructions show the wheel being face up.

Mine has always been face side up like the redline tire shot. The jack instructions show the wheel being face up.

And you shouldn't have to remove it to check air !
work.gif

The tire looks to be either flat, too wide for this rim and the tires' bead doesn't look to be seated to the rim. For photo only ?

Auto Transport Service
Back