• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speaking Of Fasteners And Storage

My problem is the "storage" costs as much as the fasteners.

Coffee cans/tubs and peanut butter jars are free.

If I find "real" solutions cheap at thrift pricing, I pick them up.

View attachment 903848
I think these work the best. I've worked in several fabrication shops that used them. You can label whats in them on the front. Stop by and grab what you need out of each one or take several bins to the work bench when doing a project. They're stackable too. Come in many sizes.
I think these little bins are the best too. BUT, I wish they were available in a cabinet with doors that closed. In a garage the parts in the bins get dusty and dirty. I'd like them to stay clean.
I've ended up using an old set of tune up cabinets:
20220421_084239.jpg
20220421_084315.jpg

I put some bins inside those. The bins don't fit perfectly, so I wish I had a better solution, but this is the best I've got so far...
20220421_084116.jpg

Picked these up at a swap meet $5 ea. Could've bought more but these aren't full. Won't hold long bolts.
garage1.jpg

Far from a great picture but you get the idea... Bins & drawers..

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.39.01 AM.png

I use these multi-bins from Facca Fasteners. They are not really cost prohibitive. I realize they are a Canadian company, but possibly could be sourced from the US as well.
Multi-Bins at Facca Fasteners

You're not thinking straight at all, that's why the X!
Coffee is what? $6-8 for a plastic tub/can. 3 cans = $18-25 bucks
Peanut Butter is anywhere from $2.50-3.50 for a jar. 5 jars= $12.50-$18+
I don't see that as free, I see it as being frugal with your trash!
I'm sure others will disagree, but facts are facts, and those aren't cheap containers! Good Luck

You're not thinking straight at all, that's why the X!
Coffee is what? $6-8 for a plastic tub/can. 3 cans = $18-25 bucks
Peanut Butter is anywhere from $2.50-3.50 for a jar. 5 jars= $12.50-$18+
I don't see that as free, I see it as being frugal with your trash!
I'm sure others will disagree, but facts are facts, and those aren't cheap containers! Good Luck
Your logic only makes sense if someone buys the coffee and throws out the coffee for the container.

If a person buys coffee anyway and it comes in good, usable containers, then reusing those for nut and bolts comes at no additional cost. Otherwise, they simply end up in the trash.

That last picture of the tackle type box is good for carb tuning parts.
I have one for Holley parts, and another for Carter parts. keep the specific tools in the top part.
I use the top style for smaller or oddball parts.
The type in the center that I have is on the workbench and not well organized.

I have several of these type organizers.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hms-ha01112425

I also have a 12 drawer old library card file box that looks like the one below, just two rows of 6 drawers.
https://www.rejuvenation.com/catalo...MI6N672Lml9wIVkwytBh1yKQ__EAQYBSABEgJgFvD_BwE

Who'd have thought red x's would fly on a fastener storage thread?

As stated above, if you are already buying the product, the containers are indeed, free.

Sheesh.

I use those plastic coffee cans too. My wife has been saving them for me for years because I don't drink coffee. I also found these cabinets at a place that sells used office furniture several years ago. They work great and only cost $50 ea.

DSC01598.JPG DSC01599.JPG DSC01600.JPG

I made a cart, for these bolt bins and drawer stacks with goodies in all that I got from an old boss free for letting him store a dealership parts inventory buy out.

CFAE3E2E-D8FD-4799-B724-B319AA94E9B2.jpeg

I just put my bolt holder like that on a $9 HF furniture dolly.

One of these days I'll actually bolt it on.

I wanted something stable, to keep it upright and able to carry the weight. Its about 4' square. There are a few empty holes in the bolt bins but most is occupied. I fastened all of the units to the frame and to each other. I think the casters were good for 300lbs each with two swivels and two non. Made a handle to move it around.

I love this Vidmar cabinet but very expensive.
B791C9AA-2C6E-4D31-BBC9-CD2622D8EC52.jpeg

If you have a Fastenal close to you, put your name on the list. When they update the bins in the store you can buy the old stuff pretty reasonable. My buddy just bought 2 4x4 bins for $250

Auto Transport Service
Back