• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedo Cable issues on 69 RR.

CandianRunner69

Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Ok.. I'm sure this has been discussed to death....

As a result of pulling apart the instrument cluster in the dash to repair the wiper pivots, now the speedo cable is jumpy at different speeds and when is it jumpy it get really noisy. I've already reinstalled all the dash components...... lol.... Any thoughts on how to deal with this. The speedo worked top notch prior to disconnection from cluster.

Had the same problem,pull it out and put it back in. Its not seated all the way.

it appears it was not fully seated... I may have to remove some dash components to make sure as my hand are too big to get up over the column.

My hands are big,you can do it without pulling

I use to pull the cable off when leaving our laneway and put it back on a few miles from home as I was "only going to the girlfriends Dad". One night I forgot and then got the lecture the next day about "how the f did you put 620 miles on the car in one night"? !!

When's the last time that cable was lubed?? If it never has, pull it out and drizzle some tranny fluid on one end and let it drain all the way through the cable. Make sure that it turns freely before installing. I had the same problem with my A100, fixed it right up! Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back