• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiders in my shop

tumblr_nr83i2xmuN1u4mt3bo1_500.gif

Funny stuff, or not.
Spent the last several months dealing with what I thought was poison ivy/ rash like symptoms. After finally going to Dr. (Damn Healthcare), several other Drs., ending up at a Dermatologist. Long story short, biopsies, more visits, blah blah blah. I've been diagnosed with is most likely a poison anacharid contact. My response to that was-- what the hell is that! Once I found out, and realized my garage is full of spiders! And one of them bastards tagged me!
It was recommended I fumigate the place, which I did. I closed it all up, fired up the car for about an hour, ran in and shut it off and let it sit for a day. About 20+ dead spiders, and a bonus mouse.
Hope that's the end.

View attachment 513049 I could turn these loose!
I skipped most of the posts on this, cause I hate the bastards . I f u have spiders coming in the house occasionaly, put a pie plate or tin under a night light , full of water w/ a few drops of dish washing liquid in it. Works well for a lot of diff. beasties. U might be surprised what`s crawling around on ur floor at night. Make sure the night light is the only light on in the house tho. We
had fleas in the yard one year, really bad, got all the bastards that came in the house w/ the night light by the front door. TRY IT!

I skipped most of the posts on this, cause I hate the bastards . I f u have spiders coming in the house occasionaly, put a pie plate or tin under a night light , full of water w/ a few drops of dish washing liquid in it. Works well for a lot of diff. beasties. U might be surprised what`s crawling around on ur floor at night. Make sure the night light is the only light on in the house tho. We
had fleas in the yard one year, really bad, got all the bastards that came in the house w/ the night light by the front door. TRY IT!
I'm going to try that, we've got wolf spiders in the house. Also going to try the old water bucket idea for mice which I hate even worse.

I'm going to try that, we've got wolf spiders in the house.
We had a terrible ice storm a few yrs. back I found those big suckers under a wood pile that it took a couple of yrs to get rid of. Big , black and ugly. U might have to add a couple extra drops of soap for them. It seemed to me they like d dark places tho . ??? good luck!

We had a terrible ice storm a few yrs. back I found those big suckers under a wood pile that it took a couple of yrs to get rid of. Big , black and ugly. U might have to add a couple extra drops of soap for them. It seemed to me they like d dark places tho . ??? good luck!
Yes they do seam to like the dark, spiders don't really bother me but the way they hunker down and watch you freaks me out! Nasty looking little boogers... we're getting an exterminator if I don't find a way to kill them.

People question why I like my snakes... they eat things I hate! With all the rocks and boulders around my home we have plenty of Black, Gardner, Ringneck and Milk Snakes crawling around but evidently not enough.

Goddammit, now I'm itching all over. Gonna have to go take a shower!!

Yikes! We've been having problems with black widows in our new hometown.... find a few in the basement here or there... just 1 day ago I caught one outside next to my truck.

And to add on to that... my dad got a mysterious bite a few weeks ago... started to give him spasms and convulsions. Nobody was home besides him at the time, thank goodness he's a licensed pharmacist with medications on hand! We can only suspect the black widows got him.

Auto Transport Service
Back