• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiders in my shop

IMG_1584.JPG

I never have liked spiders. I like them less now. I was bitten on the leg last Sunday by a venomous spider and I have been sick/nauseous and in pain/spasms all week. Getting better each day though. The prescription for twice daily 500mg antibiotic dose is helping fight the infected bite site.

I'll be spraying the yard to rid myself of spiders and pests.

I use Spectracide Bug Stop in my garage...along the wall and steps edges. It works.

IMG_20180524_151008948.jpg

Last edited:
I never have liked spiders. I like them less now. I was bitten on the leg last Sunday by a venomous spider and I have been sick/nauseous and in pain/spasms all week. Getting better each day though. The prescription for twice daily 500mg antibiotic dose is helping fight the infected bite site.

I use Spectracide Bug Stop in my garage...along the wall and steps edges. It works.

View attachment 609477
Man that sucks about the spider bite! Glad to hear you are getting better. I am allergic to bee stings so that’s my first nemesis, but spiders come in a close second. Thanks for the tip on the Spectracide. Lowe’s has it on sale buy one get one. I just picked some up this week. I’ve never used it, but am glad to hear it works. Was going to put it down this weekend, but sprained my ankle real bad yesterday working in the yard. Guess I have to pay the neighbors kid and sit back and drink beer this weekend and watch him finish the yard work! Oh well!

View attachment 609477
This is what I use also. Just spray around the inside perimeter of the shop once in the spring and it lasts all year. Bugs walk through it and die. I get it at Lowes for about $6 a gallon like in DeltaV's photo.

This was literally in my shop like NOW. looks like a small cotton ball with smaller cotton ball joints... Never saw one like this before. White as snow

IMG_4614.JPG

What do you guys do to keep spiders out? I've sprayed Sevin around the shop repeatedly since i had it built and they're coming in droves.
I don't remember the name of it, but there is a movie with William Shatner where a few spiders show up and then millions more show up. What I'm trying to say is you may be in deep do-do !! RUN DUDE !!!

I find they are heading inside this time of year. I see them mostly in the corners by the garage door.and suck them up with the shop vac. I put those little folding sticky boxes around but only find sow bugs in them mainly. I've also put mothballs in old socks and stuck them in suspicious spots but they really stink.... the mothballs I refer. Not sure if stinky socks would work :lol:

Last week after reading this thread I went down into the crawl space looking for a box of parts. First thing I see is a Black spider that I've never seen before. They say Black Widow spiders live around here, so that's the first thing I think of. Stomp,,, I never took the time to check for the tell tail hourglass pattern. Creepy

Auto Transport Service
Back