• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Split mono leaf springs for 63 Belvedere

I used the USCT kit and agree that the directions suck. I squared mine to the front torsion bars using triangulation. Before I started, my car had always had more outboard room on the pass side. When I was done squaring the boxes up, it was exactly the same way still. it actually gave me a level of confidence that I had them in there squarely. Im running a 30” tall tire (PBR 29.5x10.5) on a 15x10 / 5.5 bs wheel. I also had to move the axle rearward by nearly 1/2” to clear the front edge of the stock wheel opening. I achieved this by having USCT build my buckets with the mounting holes rearward by my specified dimension.
running stock ht Calvert split monos and shackles.

View attachment 1390039
Beautiful car! We moved the axel back on my 67 R/T running 29x9 Hoosiers also. My spring kit has two sets of holes hoping the back ones work for that.

On my 66 Belvedere I have 9/30/15 slicks on it to roll around they fit with no problem, maybe it’s the width where you guys are moving the rear back?

On my 66 Belvedere I have 9/30/15 slicks on it to roll around they fit with no problem, maybe it’s the width where you guys are moving the rear back?
I think that the tire gets real close to the back of the rocker on those. A friend sent me some pictures of his buddy who raced a beautiful 67 a few years back. Apparently the tire grew on the big end and it ended up catching the rear of the rocker. Tire blew, car destroyed and his pal ended up very hurt. For myself, I make sure to have at least 1” of room. But hey, Merry Christmas everyone!

I think that the tire gets real close to the back of the rocker on those. A friend sent me some pictures of his buddy who raced a beautiful 67 a few years back. Apparently the tire grew on the big end and it ended up catching the rear of the rocker. Tire blew, car destroyed and his pal ended up very hurt. For myself, I make sure to have at least 1” of room. But hey, Merry Christmas everyone!
Good reason to use a radial.

We drilled new holes on the perches and welded in the old holes to move my axel back on my 67 to fit Hoosier 29x9 15s

CF84DBF2-27CD-4CFB-B315-F7E61D130385.png

My R/T rubbed on the passenger front wheel opening when we switched from 28” to 29”x9” Hoosiers. Rolling it was ok but at the track it put a groove in the slick.

4AB13361-FD93-4DC0-960C-B3D3F6302DB7.jpeg

This was too close for my liking. It was just under an inch on the driver’s side. Went to a shorter tire.
B66B4769-4060-44D3-A3A6-662D011A6896.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back