• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stance, wheels ride height help

99ss

Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
What should the stance height be on a 70 GTX or Road Runner w/440?

Trying to set the torsion bars and the corners right now are all over the place.. the interesting this is the left rear is hight than the right rear and should be the opposite but the left front is a few inches higher then the right front ... So what should I have from inner fender lip to ground on all four corners? With a 14 inch wheel and stock height tires ?

Second question... how much tire and wheel can I put on there ?

Looking at some AR Salt Flats.. whats the size and offset I want?

OK... I HAVE A 1970 ROAD RUNNER...BACICALLY THE SAME CAR...oooops...sorry... anyway... i like the nose draggin and the tail waggin personally. but as far as stock height im not sure.

as far as tires...i have 255 15's on 7 inch rims on mine and they look great and no rubbing issues...( see pix in my gallery).

heres how i set front height:

1. jacked car up in the center and let the wheels hang

2. i completely loosened the torsion bar adjusters and let them relax for a while

3. i ran the torsion bar adjusting bolts flush with the bottom of the lower control arm ( both sides)

4. let the car down and roll it back and forth a few times ( about 20 feet or so) to settle in the t-bars. everytime you adjust the t-bars....roll the car a few times . this settles the t-bars in to where they are going to live.

5. my measurement...( i know this aint what the book says to do)..from the floor to the middle of the fender well opening( highest part of the arc). is 28 inches ( youll have to fine tune this to get them even)

the back is lifted with a 4 inch shackle...EWWWWWWWWWWWWW I CANT BELEIVE YOU PUT SHACKELS ON YOUR CARRRRRRRRRRR..... there...i said it now you guys dont have to...lets continue..........

and thats how i got my car to sit like it does. i got pix in the gallery if ya wanna take a ganderrrrrrrrrrrrr .

Auto Transport Service
Back