• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter relay main hot post

Very cool. I think I can handle that, but what about “their” relay that I think is a relay? Do I run it in conjunction with the parts store relay?
Yes. That relay on the pump is designed to work with the vacuum pressure switch. There might be a way to rewire it but that would require some thought. So leave what is there alone and wire up a relay to power the unit as I described.

Yes. That relay on the pump is designed to work with the vacuum pressure switch. There might be a way to rewire it but that would require some thought. So leave what is there alone and wire up a relay to power the unit as I described.
Perfect. Now to get a relay and find mounting location and wire it up. Recommendation for fuse amp for inline fuse for relay?

Im not sure if you have s factory functioning amp gauge. But if you do you might think about sourcing your 12v at the alternator, thus reducing load on firewall bulkheads.

Stock unmodified charging system? All added loads should be on the alternator side of the ammeter. You should draw this main added current from the alternator output stud and not from the battery or starter relay. If you do, expect a false charging indication and over stressed charging system connections.

Vacuum pump installed on mine too for power brakes. Relay is the way to go.

Def Panora and the others on their Mopar game. Relay installed and google for number meanings and works like a charm. God Bless all the Mopeeps that chimed in and offered their assistance

Auto Transport Service
Back