• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter that’ll fit between header tubes

I remember one car I had that the exhaust had a cross over pipe up front and had to take it apart and drop the exhaust to get the starter out. What a pain. Seems like no matter what it is truck or car starter's are not an easy thing to get in and out. Just changed my starter on my F350 duly and took better part of a day to take it out and put the new one in. The top bolt was only a quarter turn at a time. Just no room to work. Wish those engineer's that design vehicles had to work on them then maybe they would make them better to work on. LOL.
Very true Eningeers should Have Been Mechanics first.

Don’t ever (EVER) work on a car with an aftermarket k-frame. You’ll throw a rock at that stock stuff and never turn back. I can drop a header and replace a starter in minutes.... while drinking.... with 2.25 in primaries... and a Hemi! Wish I did the swap years ago.

Or filters.... :)

OTHER HOT POTATO ISSUES ARE: Timken Tapered axle bearings vs Green style bearings and which is better and why; electronic ignition systems vs points and the virtues or lack of, for both; front end alignment settings; my way is better than your way for just about any subject; what beer is best; which spark plugs are best; which wax is best and why........and the list continues, almost infinity.......... and the hits just keep on coming.....
BOB RENTON

OTHER HOT POTATO ISSUES ARE: Timken Tapered axle bearings vs Green style bearings and which is better and why; electronic ignition systems vs points and the virtues or lack of, for both; front end alignment settings; my way is better than your way for just about any subject; what beer is best; which spark plugs are best; which wax is best and why........and the list continues, almost infinity.......... and the hits just keep on coming.....
BOB RENTON
You forgot pinion angle.

BOB RENTON
Its all what you do with it have fun and kick *** heck dont know yet if my motor will run on pump gas lol.

May have to run 93 grade. That is what I am running in mine and seems to be fine but have not got on the road yet. Will see what happens then. LOL.

BOB RENTON
You forgot vac advance hooked to ported or manifold vacuum, lol.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THEY WERE NOT AND DESIGNED THINGS CORRECTLY AND BUILT THINGS THAT DID NOT REQUIRE FIXING LATER?........a rhetoric question......
BOB RENTON
Our forefathers built correctly but there is room for improvement and stay true. Disc brakes good overdrive transmission good. Its all fun and btw if you are looking for 30 mpg dont expect it from old rbb. On another note my wifes 1998 expidition gets 13 at best .

Our forefathers built correctly but there is room for improvement and stay true. Disc brakes good overdrive transmission good. Its all fun and btw if you are looking for 30 mpg dont expect it from old rbb. On another note my wifes 1998 expidition gets 13 at best .
My 2019 Escalade with 6.2 L DOD (displacement on demand) engine when on E85 fuel gets a solid 14 MPG.....what price is progress....but the engine makes 420 HP with 11.1 compression ratio on regular fuel.....
BOB RENTON

My 2019 Escalade with 6.2 L DOD (displacement on demand) engine when on E85 fuel gets a solid 14 MPG.....what price is progress....but the engine makes 420 HP with 11.1 compression ratio on regular fuel.....
BOB RENTON

My 19 Cummins got 20+ through the mountains between Phoenix and Payson last week. My old 06 did similar, but the mileage dropped drastically above 70mph. They fixed everything that I thought was marginal on my last truck on the new ones.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back