• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steer & Gear or Firm Feel ...for new power steering gear box - 71 Charger

Go with the one that best fits your needs and budget. I'm calling it a toss-up between them, I've dealt with both and they both offer the best parts AND best customer service IMO..good people to deal with

I went with the Steer and Gear Stage 2. I installed a new-rebuilt pump from Advance Auto with all new hoses, flushed with 4 quarts to make sure it was clean and bled by lifting the car running and turning from side to side checking the fluid level. My steering is pretty sloppy at the wheel and I often get that wonderful honking weird sound when turning at a stop postion. I guess it's the PS pump, but these are not sophisticated devices. Any thoughts?
You shouldn't bleed the pump with it running...may or may not be your issue. Sounds like pump problem more than gear problem though..

Last edited:
Definetly Steer n Gear. I used both and the steer n gear unit is better. I 1st got one from firm feel and the guy Dick was a great sales guy until the sale was made. I installed it and it was junk pulling to one side. I purposely asked him to double check it before he sent it out. I complained and he said send it back on my dime and he would charge 395 to rebuild it again. I was shocked. Well he lost my business and not only that there are a few Mopars that got their steering boxes done from our group and I'm telling you none went to Firmfeel. Basically you treat a customer like that once and after that you will never see me or the others again.

Have any of you guys ever had to deal with the public? People calling in all pissed off, ranting and yelling, bad attitudes and all...Some people get a defective product and act as if the manufacturer purposely boxed and shipped a piece of ****. As if they send junk out in the hopes that they will make people angry...
Huh ???

Have any of you guys ever had to deal with the public? People calling in all pissed off, ranting and yelling, bad attitudes and all...Some people get a defective product and act as if the manufacturer purposely boxed and shipped a piece of ****. As if they send junk out in the hopes that they will make people angry...
Huh ???
I have dealt with the public all my career. And I totally agree it's not easy and I'm sure that nobody goes out of their way to purposely give you a sub par product/service. But with that being said when it does happen as a shop owner step up to the plate and make good on your service/product and don't leave the customer hanging. Perhaps many other sales went perfectly well. mine didn't but the way he handled it was horrible. Customer service was absolute ZERO. How would you feel or anyone on this forum for that you got a service and it was terrible and then got told send it back with an added charge and I will fix it. I bet not too happy. I'm sharing my experience so that my other fellow Mopar enthusiasts don't get burnt like I did. I dealt with Steer N Gear and it was an absolute joy great service, polite, great product, great after sales service. Could not ask for anything more. So I spread the good word.

Auto Transport Service
Back