• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering coupler upgrade

bridjet

Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Hey y’all! I’m looking to upgrade my steering shaft coupler on 73 satellite Sebring. Not quite sure were to start as far as shopping for one and what will be a good fit. Anyone upgrade there’s? I have a power steering pump. The picture is not my exact coupler but it’s what i want to upgrade. The hockey puck looking rag joint that goes in the circular area has fallen apart. The second picture is mine with couple removed. Is there a new modern version to replace the old style with?

5043CA7A-E573-42D8-9092-FAF4F95F6CF9.jpeg 962AB75A-7089-4C97-8FDA-0E452C42D36D.jpeg 72A88C02-0B47-41EF-81C7-FE79992A8D0C.png

Last edited:
Hey y’all! I’m looking to upgrade my steering shaft coupler on 73 satellite Sebring. Not quite sure were to start as far as shopping for one and what will be a good fit. Anyone upgrade there’s? I have a power steering pump. The picture is not my exact coupler but it’s what i want to upgrade. The hockey puck looking rag joint that goes in the circular area has fallen apart. The second picture is mine with couple removed. Is there a new modern version to replace the old style with?

View attachment 830715 View attachment 830716 View attachment 830725
I'd go with the Birdman. I know what you mean I don't like the NOS ones myself. Whatever you do don't go to the Flaming River Universal type they are known 2 wear out your upper bearings in your steering column Reddit in Mopar action magazine

I'd go with the Birdman. I know what you mean I don't like the NOS ones myself. Whatever you do don't go to the Flaming River Universal type they are known 2 wear out your upper bearings in your steering column Reddit in Mopar action magazine
What’s the Birdman? I was looking at flaming river or borgerson. I guess I’ll stay away from the flaming river.

Auto Transport Service
Back