• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Restoration

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Searching old posts about this subject, seems as though nothing on it for several years so decided to generate a new one. Asking for any advice from those having done this, tips, etc. Always intrigued by mopar's reach to the unusual such as their cool squared steering wheels they had for a few years. I snagged a '63 Imperial wheel at a swap meet last summer and it is in pretty nice shape. Just bought another on ebay for a Chrysler, waiting for it to arrive, that is in much rougher shape. Viewing several videos on how this is done, I'm going to give it a try. Ok weird, but I'm thinking if installing the Chrysler wheel in my '63 Fury. Anyway, there are several ways people have done this. Many use epoxy and came across a product by Poly-Vance Plasti-Fix that looks interesting. No idea how long this product has been around. Some 15 years ago had a shop restore the wheel in my Plymouth for a good amount of cash and can see why...takes a hell of a lot of time! But, the wheel has a few cracks in it now.
Thanks for any advice, tips, tricks to be had.

Steering Wheel Imp (2).jpg

Watching this! Not trying to hijack the thread, but if anyone has any suggestions to deal with the 66-67 woodgrain steering wheels that would be much appreciated.

Some pics of my cracked & faded original 65 Belvedere wheel which is in the hands of Charlie Quarters (65satelliteman) this week for restoration & back to correct light blue color (H1B). No cracks in the spokes or rim, just the hub. Will update when it gets back home.

Steering Wheel H1B (1).JPG
Steering Wheel H1B (2).JPG
Steering Wheel H1B (5).JPG
Steering Wheel H1B (10).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back