• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock radiator trans cooling line measurement

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
I need to find out what the stock "center to center" dimension is for a 71 big block's radiator transmission cooling line fittings are. I do not have a stock radiator and I am trying to find out from Inline Tube what dimension they build there lines to, but they said they do not know the dimension. I wonder how they make them if they do not know ? Anyway, I do not have old lines to check if they fit. The car had rubber hoses. I want to put steel lines in, but need to make sure they will match my current radiator.

440HP 26" radiator

Thanks

Last edited:
The old radiator measures 10 inches center to center . It is the wrong radiator for the car. Chrysler p/n 2785962 a 26 inch radiator but inlet and outlet on drivers side. I bought a new aftermarket 26 inch radiator that inlet and outlet were correct for the car. The measurement on those cooler lines is 12.5 inches.
I have not been able to get any spec from Inline Tube. They say they do not have any specs. They just duplicated from original.

Can somebody crawl under there big block charger with 26 inch radiator to confirm the measurement ?

The radiator that I took out (old) is the correct radiator for a "67 b-body with 273 or 318, manual or Automatic w/ AC

I believe that in the FSM the size (center to center distance) of the transmission cooler for each radiator is listed.

Auto Transport Service
Back