• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN: 1972 Dodge Challenger in California.

Migsbig

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
I hope it's ok to post this here. My friends 1972 Dodge Challenger was stolen and he has reached out to me to get the word out. If you see a gold Challenger, black top around with white interior, and could be damaged because they rammed the garage door down to get to the car.

Someone broke into my home and stole my fathers 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye. We restored this car together before he passed away and is very sentimental car to me. We worked on this car together for years and would like to get it back please. Reward for it's return. It is a 1972 340 auto model, gold with black top with white interior. They also stole the nitrous bottles in my plymouth satellite and lots of other parts too, but I just want my dad's car back. Reward for information leading to it's return. Plate# 2XOL697.

STOLEN! My Dad's 1972 Dodge Challenger - auto parts - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

190190_1005721077113_231_n.jpg
184646_1005720997111_9819_n.jpg
190750_1005720437097_3482_n.jpg
196428_1005721117114_433_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sad to here this. Good looking car. Which end of the car is damaged?

Let’s hang the thieves!

Last edited:
not sure because they stole the car. we know could be damaged because the car next to it was ruined when the garage door landed on it.

That's horrible! I hope you get it back! I hope the police catch the thieves and a shoot out happens. And they get lead poisoning.

I hope it's ok to post this here. My friends 1972 Dodge Challenger was stolen and he has reached out to me to get the word out. If you see a gold Challenger, black top around with white interior, and could be damaged because they rammed the garage door down to get to the car.

Someone broke into my home and stole my fathers 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye. We restored this car together before he passed away and is very sentimental car to me. We worked on this car together for years and would like to get it back please. Reward for it's return. It is a 1972 340 auto model, gold with black top with white interior. They also stole the nitrous bottles in my plymouth satellite and lots of other parts too, but I just want my dad's car back. Reward for information leading to it's return. Plate# 2XOL697.

STOLEN! My Dad's 1972 Dodge Challenger - auto parts - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

View attachment 1276656 View attachment 1276657 View attachment 1276658 View attachment 1276678
Any chance neighbors have any camera footage? Somebody knew about that car, and did some recon. Would not be surprising if you knew the perp, even a slight conversation you might have had, a brief encounter talking about the car. You never know.

Last edited:
I would suspect a neighbor, not someone you know directly but someone who sees the car come and go on a regular basis. I had a pretty rare motorcycle stolen out of my garage one time it turned out to be a neighbor. A lot of people have cameras facing the street from their front door to catch people stealing packages check around. I HATE THIEVES

Any chance neighbors have any camera footage? Somebody knew about that car, and did some recon. Would not be surprising if you knew the perp, even a slight conversation you might have had, a brief encounter talking about the car. You never know.

Yeah, why the Nitrous bottle? Did they know it was there beforehand? Seems like it.
Check out eBay and CL near you for fast moving, easy to remove, and expensive parts. i.e. Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner, Rallye Wheels, fender scoops...

Sadly it is probably somebody you know. To target the car is one thing but to go after the nitrous bottles in another of your cars leads me to believe they new what you had in the garage.

Does a high pressure vessel like a nitrous bottle have a serial number?
Mike

watch facebook marketplace, you should post on E Bodies only

Any chance he owed someone substantial funds and they came and collected? 40 years ago had a highschool classmate who's Father's rare jag was "stolen" and it turned out he (the kid) owed over 50 grand for Coke... in the 'early 80's!

It is amazing sometimes watching 48 hours. Everybody has cameras these days and the detectives watch somebody until they pass out of camera range, then pick up another camera from another owner, following and gathering info. If I had a camera video showing your crime, it would make my day to help catch a thief.

It is amazing sometimes watching 48 hours. Everybody has cameras these days and the detectives watch somebody until they pass out of camera range, then pick up another camera from another owner, following and gathering info. If I had a camera video showing your crime, it would make my day to help catch a thief.

And most places have traffic cams they can look back on.

Short story, he lived away from this house, which was in Modesto. Nobody knew about the cars being there. Been parked in there 10 years I’m guess. Only 6 people ever knew it was there and the garage has not been opened in years. The nitrous bottles are older Edelbrock grey cases and easy to spot. I appreciate any leads. I can guarantee a reward leading to the return of the car. Thanks for looking out everyone.

That sucks ! I seen lucky Costa posted on instagram about the stolen car. Hope he can help get the word out.

In response to "Reply 15". Five people tell five more then those 25 tell 5 more, word spreads fast about a car sitting in a garage for the past 10 years. Somebody saw and heard something. I hope your friend can track the car down quickly. I hate thieves.:elmer:

Just curious, were the keys with the cars?

My Dad use to say "It's not the person you are talking to at the bar that you need to worry about, it's the person sitting two stools down with the "big ears" .

Last edited:
Looks like the new neighbor next to him is growing pot and since they moved in, there have been nothing but problems. Appreciate the look out for anything gold body parts or white interior parts. Even the orange engine is a clue. I’m the only person outside of the five family
Members that knew of the cars, so I know it was not by word of mouth. Looks like the ADM security system did not go off and the criminals were possibly there two days and the neighbors said nothing.

Can we get the VIN?
Let's find the vermin!

Auto Transport Service
Back