• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

A few new picks.

Jack Daniels SB-BP.jpg Makers Cask strength..jpg Old Overholt.jpg wheatley vodka2.jpg

Oh man! Used to be a drink of choice....the Jack and Coke but can't handle it anymore. Just doesn't taste good these days plus about the only soft drinks these days is a Barq's root beer whenever I eat pizza which doesn't happen all that much. A 12 pack of Barq's will last over a month lol
I'm not a big Jack fan but the barrel proof is real tasty. 128 proof in a glass with no ice is nice!

I drank pretty much only Jack for about 25 years. Then I went and started trying all sorts of brands, hadn't had a Jack Daniels in years until I bought a bottle earlier this year...and remembered how good it really is.

I drank pretty much only Jack for about 25 years. Then I went and started trying all sorts of brands, hadn't had a Jack Daniels in years until I bought a bottle earlier this year...and remembered how good it really is.
You should try the barrel proof. And try it neat. Let it breathe in the glass for 20 min. or so and sip it slowly. It's very tasty!

When I had my lake house, I started taking family and friends to the bar on the water about 500 feet from my house. At least twice a month we would go there and get hammered, six to ten of us. He would invite us to drink from his own personal stock and when the bar closed we stayed and drink with him till the sun would soon be coming up. His name was Frank, I spent enough money at his bar to be a partner in the place. He was 83 when he past away in his recliner with a bottle of Van Winkle Special reserve bourbon on the end table next to him with a tumbler half empty. Truly a great guy!! Besides drinking, he taught me his philosophy of business, number one being, NEVER burn bridges, it served me well.
van winkle special reserve 12 year.jpg

I haven't broken down and tried the Woodford Double Oaked yet; I can't pace myself slow enough to drink on the rocks or otherwise. Hammered in 2 hours so far is the going rate :lol:

Still sippin the olde standby...at least it's diet nowadays. I have to start somewhere lol

Coke on Jack.jpg

Both bottles of 1800 GONE!! Smooth,no bite and remembered.................

View attachment 937856
You should try some Corazon, if you can
find it. I imbibe by drinking it neat. No
ice or mix. Very smooth and no bark or
bite. It is also reasonably priced for an
upper end tequila. 1800 for me, still has
a bit of a sharp finish to it.

When I had my lake house, I started taking family and friends to the bar on the water about 500 feet from my house. At least twice a month we would go there and get hammered, six to ten of us. He would invite us to drink from his own personal stock and when the bar closed we stayed and drink with him till the sun would soon be coming up. His name was Frank, I spent enough money at his bar to be a partner in the place. He was 83 when he past away in his recliner with a bottle of Van Winkle Special reserve bourbon on the end table next to him with a tumbler half empty. Truly a great guy!! Besides drinking, he taught me his philosophy of business, number one being, NEVER burn bridges, it served me well.
View attachment 1101767
Rip to your friend. At least he went out in style. I can only dream of a bottle of Rip Van Winkle. That bottle you posted goes for around $1000 on the secondary market. And it's interesting, I have seen some blind tastings where Pappy didn't fare all that well. Price and hype doesn't always get the best product.

Rip to your friend. At least he went out in style. I can only dream of a bottle of Rip Van Winkle. That bottle you posted goes for around $1000 on the secondary market. And it's interesting, I have seen some blind tastings where Pappy didn't fare all that well. Price and hype doesn't always get the best product.
To be honest, it would be a waste on an old sod like me. I wouldn't know the difference either.

To be honest, it would be a waste on an old sod like me. I wouldn't know the difference either.
I have been enjoying the heck out of a $25 bottle of Rittenhouse Rye. I'm a cheap date!

Rittenhouse-Rye-Bottled-in-Bond--768x768.jpg 20210424_083431.jpg

I haven't had a rum and Coke for years.
I don't drink soda, but sometimes I really feel like one, so, rum and coke fixes the problem. Two birds, one stone!! LOL.

Brought this one back from a trip to Jamaica decades ago. Good stuff and we thought it was special but they sell it here. :lol:

20210424_094032.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back