• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

It’s a love hate kinda thing for most...I have that bottle of Sinatra select to share with my friends at car shows this year for when we retire in the evening.. I hope it’s all I expect it to be.

A bottle I picked up in Nashville last week. It is a local distillery (Pennington Distilling) and this bottle was a barrel pick. 127.76 proof that drinks like a 80 proofer. Lots of dark fruit flavors on the nose and palate with a smooth fruity finish. I would rate this in the top 5 of my 100 bottle collection!

Davidson Reserve2.jpg

A bottle I picked up in Nashville last week. It is a local distillery (Pennington Distilling) and this bottle was a barrel pick. 127.76 proof that drinks like a 80 proofer. Lots of dark fruit flavors on the nose and palate with a smooth fruity finish. I would rate this in the top 5 of my 100 bottle collection!

View attachment 1149516
Have you ever done the bourbon trail in Kentucky?

https://kybourbontrail.com/

Picked up a barrel pick tonight. Damn I like those high octane bottles!

20210828_185531.jpg

Perfect. Liquor stores here in Iowa are "essential" as well.. The state warehouses all the liquor sold in the state. They wouldn't close a cash cow funding stream like that. LOL
A few years ago I got my family in Iowa to start drinking Cask 16 a Crown Royal product. It was a blend of 50 different whiskies and incredibly smooth. The word began to spread in their town and people were buying it all up as soon as a shipment would arrive. I wont say the family are lushes but they enjoy a drink or two. A group got together and purchased 15 cases. There was only one store that carried it and they were over joyed with the increase in sales. Anyway the Iowa ABD somehow saw a huge spike from the previous year and got suspicious. An agent came to town and grilled the store managers wanting to know where it was all going. They were referred to my BIL and showed up at his home to question him. He explained the situation and they went away but were still suspicious. Anyway Crown quit making it because they said it was too expensive. Now if you look for it online the price for a bottle is astonishing. End of the story is a liquor store chain in KC bought all the remaining warehouse inventory when it was discontinued and had it on sale. I began buying it for $87 for a 750ml and they had liter's for $40. Made a trip to see family and stopped off and broke the budget buying what I could. Still have plenty but only bring it out for special occasions. My sons both have requested I provide for their wedding receptions when the time comes LOL.

A few years ago I got my family in Iowa to start drinking Cask 16 a Crown Royal product. It was a blend of 50 different whiskies and incredibly smooth. The word began to spread in their town and people were buying it all up as soon as a shipment would arrive. I wont say the family are lushes but they enjoy a drink or two. A group got together and purchased 15 cases. There was only one store that carried it and they were over joyed with the increase in sales. Anyway the Iowa ABD somehow saw a huge spike from the previous year and got suspicious. An agent came to town and grilled the store managers wanting to know where it was all going. They were referred to my BIL and showed up at his home to question him. He explained the situation and they went away but were still suspicious. Anyway Crown quit making it because they said it was too expensive. Now if you look for it online the price for a bottle is astonishing. End of the story is a liquor store chain in KC bought all the remaining warehouse inventory when it was discontinued and had it on sale. I began buying it for $87 for a 750ml and they had liter's for $40. Made a trip to see family and stopped off and broke the budget buying what I could. Still have plenty but only bring it out for special occasions. My sons both have requested I provide for their wedding receptions when the time comes LOL.
Great story!

I'm a big Rye fan. How about you? Scott picks 5 must have's in your collection.

Don't forget the turkey! Happy thanksgiving you all!

turkey.jpg

My friend from Michigan was here and brought some Breckinridge bourbon, dam that was good stuff!

Sipping on some Starlight. Which one should I have next?
Starlight.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back