• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop in for a drink.

Fishing for 3 days so that means I will sample a few bourbons. Tonight was copper creek really good bourbon from Michigan. Then tried 4 roses small batch. 4 roses has a little more up front flavor but a little more burn when it hits bottom. Cooper creek is has good flavor and almost no belly burn. Overall I think they are both good
Think I will stop at the liquor store tomorrow and see if they have a small bottle of something unique

It's National Bourbon Day. Cheers. I sipped on a couple barrel picks and settled on my own Elijah Craig pick. Wow is it good. The closer to the bottom of the bottle the better it gets. Even at 133.6 proof. Almost Hazmat!

Barrel pick..jpg

Been online shopping/browsing.....this looks interesting....

1655432187110.png

I wonder if that whisky puts lead in your pencil....or just the neck ? :lol:

Been mostly buying Rum, and some Scotch Single Malt....for friends .... :D

I had some Angel's Envy Rye. Love it. Keep Weller's in the fridge, then drink that neat.

Been online shopping/browsing.....this looks interesting....

View attachment 1299974

I wonder if that whisky puts lead in your pencil....or just the neck ? :lol:

Been mostly buying Rum, and some Scotch Single Malt....for friends .... :D
It was delicious and complex a year ago. I went through 3 bottles pretty quick. The next one I bought wasn't good. It tasted like cheap rye. (not like before) I bought 3 more bottles at different stores and they were all the same. Yuck. Haven't bought one since. I have tasted a old bottle at a friends house and a local bar and the old stock is good stuff.

Might have to get a bottle or two out. Been dry for a week and a half while I'm on antibiotics.....so Saturday is going to great. :lol:

Double trouble right here. 2 different rickhouses and 2 different batches but the same mash bill. A lot of similar flavors but different side by side.

double trouble..jpg

Double trouble right here. 2 different rickhouses and 2 different batches but the same mash bill. A lot of similar flavors but different side by side.

View attachment 1310295
The one on the right looks much darker or is it just the light? I don’t care much for regular Jack Daniels, but I’m always willing for a taste Of something new

The one on the right looks much darker or is it just the light? I don’t care much for regular Jack Daniels, but I’m always willing for a taste Of something new
Actually the right one is a little darker but it is 126.8 and the left one is 128.6. I have found old Jack is a lot of fun. It is listed as 4-7 years. It is a lot like their Coy Hill which is way popular now.

Cheers chasers. Happy Friday! I started out tonight with a local barrel pick. It is pretty tasty. Templeton from here in Iowa, sources their juice from MGP in Indiana for now. They have some of their own distillate getting happy in their own rickhouses. It will be fun to compare the two when they release their own.

Templeton pick.jpg

Then I switched to Sazerac Rye while I was smoking some Iowa Chops and local sweet corn.

sazerac bottle kill..jpg

iowa chop.jpg

I finished a little strong. A few posts ago reminded me of these bottles. Damn. good stuff even if it is JD.. :rofl: :rofl:

Jack Daniels single barrel.jpg

That chop looks delicious
Hey Scott, you need to make a run to Wisconsin for some Starlight. Hell they may have it in Illinois. I got these 3 at Stark's in Prairie Du Chein. All barrel picks and all around the $65-70 mark but frickin' delicious. They have samples. You want cheap? 2 handles of LTD for $20. Insane!

starks pick.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back