• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street Demon 750

Houle #382

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Anyone running a 750 street Demon on their 440's? I wanted to buy another Edelbrock AVS-2 800 but they won't be available for months to come and there is plenty of Street Demons around.

The SD is a cheap copy of the TQ & left out the air valve choke [ presumably cost saving ].
I was involved in two installations, one on a 350 Chebby, the other a 750 on a 400 Pontiac. The Pontiac always had a bog on secondary opening; owner bought the tuning kit, tried every combination. He even phoned Holley tech [ from Australia ] & when the tech ran out of options on his computer screen, it was 'See ya later...'.
Bog was never fixed, QJ went back on, no bog. I believe the lack of the AV choke was the problem. Another thing that I recall was the fiddly removal of a circlip atop the t/bore that reqd removal to change met rods. Easy for the c/clip to fall inside the carb.

OPs best bet is to use a TQ. Maybe the sponsor Woodruff carbs has one.

I have the 625 Street Demon on my 361. I have been chasing a slight bog when the secondaries kick in. I kept tightening the air door spring and it got better but is not gone.

Thanks for the heads up, really something to think about. I'm looking to install a hydraulic roller cam kit but since there is no roller cams there is no need to rush into a bigger carb. I'm running the Edelbrock 650 AVS -2 now and love it. It's truly a great carb so I guess I will just hold out till later this summer when the 800 AVS-2 becomes available.

Auto Transport Service
Back