• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street Dominator

furyus

Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
So, I scored a SD intake for my 505 that I'm building. $100.
My question is; when using a square bore carburetor, what effect does the wider opening for the spread bore secondaries have? Or is it a non issue?

Non issue. You can port/blend the opening if you want.

Fixing it is supposed to be worth some power (10 hp?). Not worth the aggravation or effort, in my opinion.
A one inch square-bore spacer might do more good, and is reversable.

Yup, that's the one that I have, and was thinking of using. Are you happy with the intake?
Yes, I really like it. Mine is on a 493 B block.

So, I scored a SD intake for my 505 that I'm building. $100.
My question is; when using a square bore carburetor, what effect does the wider opening for the spread bore secondaries have? Or is it a non issue?
Non issue.

I’ve dyno tested the SD on my 508. Good intake for me. Cannot speak to if it’s good for your application as I don’t know what you’ve got nor what your goals are.

They run fine with a squarebore and seal just fine.

you get guys that whine about the SD not making the power of other intakes, but I don’t think they’ve actually used one. There are a few that will dyno better, but it’s a small difference and you have hood clearance to consider. The SD fits under a flat hood well and getting one at a deal price is icing on the cake. I’ve had them on stock internal type HP engines and they make good power. Let some magazine reader shell out more money to find a couple horsepower and 8 ft lbs to run around bragging about.

Auto Transport Service
Back