• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street Hemi Orange

Here's an extra 5.7 Hemi exhaust manifold I had laying around, that I decide to use as a proof of concept/test piece.
I was checking for overall appearance, and to see if there were any obvious negative chemical reactions and so on.

The "basecoat" is rattle can VHT street hemi orange, and Mopar Performance Turquoise.
The clear is the same budget friendly FC720 as on the engine pic above.
Both were very thoroughly dried and cured, and scuffed lightly with scotchbrite.

The clear gives a pretty satisfying increase in gloss.
At some point I'll try some gasoline/carb cleaner/brake cleaner and so on, to see if it holds up.
may try to do my next complete engine with this concoction.......

2kcleartestpart.jpg

Mopar used four different oranges on engines and aircleaners. Race hemi orange and two different street hemi oranges. And a "fram" orange for the aircleaners.
Which are you trying to match? (The later street hemi orange is what was used on 340,383, and 440s)
I recently used Omaha Orange from Mazzolini, (for race hemi) and was pleased with color and coverage.
@33 IMP…do you by chance have a product name/part number for a “Fram orange”? I want to respray my air cleaner cover.

image.jpg
Thanks!! Bob

@33 IMP…do you by chance have a product name/part number for a “Fram orange”? I want to respray my air cleaner cover.

View attachment 1442971Thanks!! Bob
Sorry, I don't. But I do have a pretty good original lid that I'm gonna try to get a paint shop to match with their color gun.
Does the lid you have match a new Fram filter? If it does you could get a match to the filter. (My good lid is off an original A12, and it is NOT the same color as the engine).

Auto Transport Service
Back