• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street strip harmonic balancer ???

67MPRFAN

Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Hello gathering parts for my 470 build and wondering what is recommended for a harmonic balancer street strip car

I like an SFI approved part for anything that is going to see the strip.

Pro products is a good one, or ATI is probaly the best on the market.

Thats what I was thinking but is ATI or Fluid damper on the overkill side

Summit make 2 different kinds.... stock replacement and sfi approved. I run the sfi approved one on my street/strip 340 and had no issues. They are only $150. Good choice if you want to save a few bucks imo

Thanks everyone for your replies keep the suggestion coming

Hi, is the motor internal balanced, stock pulleys being used, timing cover?
ATI have a great selection for every application and you can rebuild them. I've run fluid dampers, but went to ATI. superdamper three ring. if your building the motor call them. if your having it build I would suggest letting the builder decide. one note they will not fit out of the box they are reemed to fit for perfect fit

http://www.atiracing.com/products/dampers/charts/damchrysler.htm

Hi, is the motor internal balanced, stock pulleys being used, timing cover?
ATI have a great selection for every application and you can rebuild them. I've run fluid dampers, but went to ATI. superdamper three ring. if your building the motor call them. if your having it build I would suggest letting the builder decide. one note they will not fit out of the box they are reemed to fit for perfect fit

http://www.atiracing.com/products/dampers/charts/damchrysler.htm

Yes internal balance Molnar Crank street strip car so I'll be running alt not sure what direction for water pump yet

If you use the ATI Super Damper, be aware you'll need a different crank pulley. I ended up using a March w/spacer. Cheaper and less work than spacing everything else out 11/16" .

If you use the ATI Super Damper, be aware you'll need a different crank pulley. I ended up using a March w/spacer. Cheaper and less work than spacing everything else out 11/16" .

Not if you get the right ATI damper.

ATI offers multiple applications for the same damper you can have the damper setup with Chevy pulleys, steel hub aluminum hub steel shell aluminum shell it's a no-brainer and it's rebuildable I'm running the stock single Groove Factory pulley all 493. Built right here in the good old USA. \

ATI may offer an aluminum shell 2 or 3 groove, but for my engine, at the time, ATI only offered a steel shell in the Super Damper.

Call ATI or go online and order a catalog there's a lot of information available to you, good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back