• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

StreetOutlaws

delfinomuro

Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody else on here watches Street Outlaws. I do. I don't have cable but I watch it on YouTube. Finally caught up to the current season. I find it fun to watch.

Anybody else?

Not sure what to think of that show, the one mopar I have ever seen on it gets beat every time, dart I think? anyway not sure what the point of the show is other than to rub it in someones face every week? I would like to know where these guys get their money from? the cars they build are not cheap we all know what parts cost. What do these guys do for a living? I guess I could go to a web site and find out but too lazy and the show is not as important to me lol. I think I would rather see them racing factory cars no mods and see what happens. Mopars would kill then lmao anyway ust seems silly to see full out drag cars take to the dark *** streets.

Might be better if they went to the track, would be more responsible for the youngins' to see plus they could really go all out.

I watched a couple of shows last year and quit after hearing one ahole bragging about how his wife works two jobs to pay for his racing. That and all the fake "oh man, we're gonna get busted!" BS was too much for me to take.

I labeled it Fast & Furious Meets Mayberry RFD and called it a day.

I like it. I know it's fake. You can't have all those rigs all along the highway, at night, and not have the cops see, and hear it from miles away. Way better than watching Fast and loud guys watching crashes.

I watch it, I've seen every episode, I'm getting to like it more, BUT
It's all scripted for production/filming obviously,
there maybe a few scenes that are not scripted but the actual race scenes are,
with all the lighting everyone's haulers/trailers lined up etc.

It's a car show, so I watch, it's about drag racing, makes it even better yet...
Quite a few fast cars...
Only downfall other than being scripted, is they only run 1/8th mile, I like 1/4 mile stuff
"Actual Street" cars I doubt that very much, that they actually drive them, on the street much
more like drag "strip" cars with license plates on the street...

That Blue Dart "Dominator" has IIRC a 632ci BBC on N20 in it too...
I like the cars, getting to like the characters more too,
I did a bunch of street racing as a young man,
I don't think it's the smartest thing to do now,
I think it's a control situation when they are filming, too much to lose now
BUT
I read somewhere that they even have medical people there,
just in case...

There's also

Monza a Bad *** Black 70 split bumper Camaro Z28 BBC N20 car, tube chassis
Daddy Dave a Fast as hell late 90's Sonoma with 632ci multiple N20 {3 kits}systems, tube chassis
The Crow Chief's car a 70 GTO with a Pontiac & Twin Turbos, S&W Racecars built tube chassis
Murder Nova 69 Nova with Twin Turbo big cube BBC, originally was a Pro-Charger, tube chassis
Doc a 70 Monte Carlo with a 707ci N20 {3 kits} equipped Fulton engine, tube chassis
a Fat Dude in gen 2 Camaro BBC & N20 some joker that likes to take peoples sleeves, tube chassis
{can't remember his name}
Androity a G-Body 80's Cutlass with a SBC & N20
Kamikaze 80's G-Body El Camino supposed to be a POS but it's fast, uses everyone's cast off parts
POS Gold Mustang with a BBF FE {allegedly a John Kaase} big stroker & N20, the guy & his 20 kids...LOL
that can't ever get down the track/street {some old guys that's supposed to be a legendary OKC street racer}
Chuck another white POS Mustang with a twin turboed SBC
Farmtruck those guys are kind of funny they have a 632ci BBC 1500+ hp in that POJ
{they go out Phishing for street races all over the place}
Boosted GT 90's Mustang Turboed SBC s a guy from Texas that joined the OKC list
most about 1/2 are small tire cars,
but pretty damn fast,
there's a few have a large slick {big tire} & full tube chassis, all the faster guys etc.
most are all working stiffs, with families
there's been a couple women on or attempted to be on "the list" too

no true Mopars thou

It's an interesting take on street races {scripted mostly} or traveling around &
racing other cities occasionally, their allegedly fasted street racers etc.,
they've gone to Chicago, Dallas Area, "allegedly" Detroit, SoCal, I can't remember others...
BUT there's also some controversy whether stuff actually happens,
the way they depicted it on the show

if that's what your looking for it's a TV show, just more entertainment,
better than Honey Bo Bo or all the Housewives BS...LOL

I watch it, too. It's fun to watch..but yeah. .when it comes to "race night" and they have 15-20 trucks with trailers, and rental floodlights lighting the entire race length, not to mention all of the film crew and support. ......come on, REALLY? ???

Any forum members from the Oklahoma area with the real story?

I too watch it and really like it! Only thing that sucks is the only mopar has a dang chevy engine in it. But let's face it busting a chevy motor is a heck of lot better and cheaper than busting a mopar engine

And they always seem to get off when caught by the cops - hmm... Yeah it's totally fake and scripted, but I do like Farmtruck, Azn, and Louise. Other than them, I'm not big on it.

Of all the drag racing shows i have ever seen it has to be the best. pinks sucked. pass time was an entertaining game show. Street outlaws has me on the edge of my seat. the whole illusion of "illegal" street racing is bunk, but the racing is real. I suppose the locals tolerate it as long as they dont bother anyone. They could be at a dragstip every weekend doing the same thing and i would still watch. That is as long as its filmed the same. There are awesome camera angles and editing.

- - - Updated - - -

Any one know where in Oklahoma?

wherever the 405 area code is. They are always calling themselves the 405

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what to think of that show, the one mopar I have ever seen on it gets beat every time, dart I think? anyway not sure what the point of the show is other than to rub it in someones face every week? I would like to know where these guys get their money from? the cars they build are not cheap we all know what parts cost. What do these guys do for a living? I guess I could go to a web site and find out but too lazy and the show is not as important to me lol. I think I would rather see them racing factory cars no mods and see what happens. Mopars would kill then lmao anyway ust seems silly to see full out drag cars take to the dark *** streets.

Might be better if they went to the track, would be more responsible for the youngins' to see plus they could really go all out.
Watching right now. Chief and murder nova run a race shop. They have Jeff Lutz's 57 chevy drag week car on the dyno. I bet they make killer dough tuning and building cars.

- - - Updated - - -

And apparently Lutz is now taking a shot at the list. Now that IS interesting!

I absolutely love that show. I look forward to watching it every week. Fake or not it keeps me at the edge of my seat.

I would like it better at the strip and more mopars of course, one of those guys has to be able to afford a 1000p hemi and talk all kinds of **** to make the drama right. I fully believe if they took that show to the track with all the same drama it would be better just my op, obviously no one is buying the whole illegal street crap lol so why not? plus more insight to who they are what they do during the day all of them not just chief dude or whomever dudes would b cool, stories about their families and lives and how they got to where they are now would be cool too. again just me.

Right now I look at the show as a bunch of loud chevy guys who talk alot of **** and pretend to illegally race at night with drag cars. boooooring! especially no mopars! did I mention no mopars? wtf who wants to watch a bunch of chevy fags? lmao just kidding don't have a ballsack attack

I would like it better at the strip and more mopars of course, one of those guys has to be able to afford a 1000p hemi and talk all kinds of **** to make the drama right. I fully believe if they took that show to the track with all the same drama it would be better just my op, obviously no one is buying the whole illegal street crap lol so why not? plus more insight to who they are what they do during the day all of them not just chief dude or whomever dudes would b cool, stories about their families and lives and how they got to where they are now would be cool too. again just me.

Right now I look at the show as a bunch of loud chevy guys who talk alot of **** and pretend to illegally race at night with drag cars. boooooring! especially no mopars! did I mention no mopars? wtf who wants to watch a bunch of chevy fags? lmao just kidding don't have a ballsack attack
Well, the beginning of every show starts with their disclaimer "just cause we're dumbasses doesnt mean you can be too"
That pretty much excludes all mopar people.

I watch it ....Murder Nova is off the list totally rite now in real time ....he blew his motor apart not too long ago .....

No mopars no watching! lmao dart with a chevy such sacrilege!

It makes me laugh as I knew some street racers like that where everything they do to there cars is a big giant secret that only the FBI can know what is done to the cars and what they run. The guys I knew made sure the clocks were off at the track so no one knew how fast there cars really were.
I think it would be much better if they raced at the track and showed the et's and what was done to the cars. Ron

Any one know where in Oklahoma?

Several places around the OKC metro area. One is right in front of the Federal PRISON in El Reno, OK, right along the old Route 66 right-of-way. Another is along Hwy 81 near Kingfisher. Yet another is just outside Guthrie. There are perhaps a dozen or so spots where they either race, test, or both. Most times, the cops and the locals know what's up and the only real complaints have been about the noise at 2am at a few spots. It's scripted "TV drama", no doubt. These guys have a BUNCH of $$$ in these cars! Nothing cheap here. Even Farmtruck, with that 502 BBC, has a ton in that truck. It's been around the metro area now for nearly a dozen years. I know one of the guys casually through a mutual friend. It's pretty cool. They take the street racing that was very prevalent here in the '70s through the early '90s and step it up. Between the mid-'90s and perhaps 2006 or so, the ricers were doing most of the street racing around here.

Hey Hemi, it is hard to believe that Lutz was beat by Dominator. Didn't Lutz have two 57's at drag week this year. I like the show. One thing for sure it is entertaining!

Auto Transport Service
Back