• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Struggling to find the right oil pressure balance

Stole this from a fellow members post. I believe it was @HawkRod
Screenshot_20230523_125515_Chrome.jpg

Sometimes I don't remember things. Looked under there and then remembered I had to add some washers to get the long bolt to work. Other bolts were fine. I can't get a good measurement on the pump in the car but the one I took off is HV based on the case measurements in that photo. I learned something new in this process!
And the one on the old engine is also HV

And I don't have any washers small enough so I have to go to the hardware store

Sometimes I don't remember things. Looked under there and then remembered I had to add some washers to get the long bolt to work. Other bolts were fine. I can't get a good measurement on the pump in the car but the one I took off is HV based on the case measurements in that photo. I learned something new in this process!

You can't use hardware store parts on a Mopar!! LOL

You had higher oil pressure before at low speed with the HV pump than you do now with the standard volume pump. This is the reason. Just put the HV pump on.

Disconnect the gauge and drive it. ...

Auto Transport Service
Back