• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strut rod bushings

junkpile

Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
quick question. Do I have to remove the torsion bars or just completely loosen the set bolt in order to changes strut rod bushing? I know to disconnect the lower ball joint and that sway bar end links but do I would like to leave the bars if possible.

thanks in advance.

Bars have to come out.

Torsion bars have to come out to slide the lower control arm back enough for the strut rods to clear the K frame.
I just went thru this very scenario last week
Odds are the lower control arm bushings are bad anyway , mine were

thanks for the information. I replaces the lower control arm bushings a couple years ago when in put in new torsion bars, so I think they are fine. One of the bushing in the strut rod appears to have torn, get a loud metal pop under hard braking. All the ball joints check fine, upper bushings are good, lowers are new so by process of elimination this is the last thing. I can feel the bushing on the passenger side at the rear of the kframe by just bending my fingers around the support collar but on the drives side I can feel the bushing at all doing the same thing.

Auto Transport Service
Back