• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Studs for Torq Thrust D on a "63 330 Wagon??

TLH101

Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Going to get a set of Torq Thrust D wheels in the future. From what I read, I will need longer studs.
Getting ready to do a full brake job and want to go ahead and put the studs in now. Going use the '65 drums on my tapered axel in the rear.
Can anyone, running late style Torq Thrusts, tell me what length studs I need? I know I need .623" diameter at flange, but not sure on length.
Thanks

thumbnail_20201213_132635.jpg

The info i have is from another member here: dorman 610-290 for front rotors (i have no idea if the drums are the same) and dorman 610-287 for the rear (but i dont know if they will work with the tapered axles)
If i were on your spot, I'd call Dr Diff, he probably has the numbers off the top of his head. You might not get him till after new year.
Ive got moroso (i think) 3" studs on mine, but bought so long ago, i have no idea what # they were. I use the open end nuts.

I run Torque Thrust D's on the front of my 63 Sport Fury with the stock factory studs. I even still have the left hand threads on the drivers front wheel and they are power drum brakes. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back