• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stupid question- how to replicate an engine sound?

Clutches are only for starting and stopping. After listening to the vidio just maybe he needs to take it out of gear before letting off the gas and forget the engine brake.

Straight through cheap glass packs and long stock tailpipes, no bigger than 1 7/8" and all the way to the bumper. I've never been able to get that sound from bigger tailpipes. Manifolds or headers work, I've gotten the sound from both. When I was 10 or 11, I watched my Dad make duels for his '55 F100, 292 V8. He called the sound "cackle", it made that sound every time he shifted on his way to town. All before the 55MPH national speed limit.

I associate that racking sound with the california lowriders. They do it with the cheapest glasspacks they can find, and tiny, tiny tailpipes (1 1/2, maybe less). When i hear that sound, i think lack of performance. Not something i want my car to sound like.

I associate that racking sound with the california lowriders. They do it with the cheapest glasspacks they can find, and tiny, tiny tailpipes (1 1/2, maybe less). When i hear that sound, i think lack of performance. Not something i want my car to sound like.
Thank you, that’s an intriguing thought; it didn’t occur to me it’d be a sound that was undesirable. I’d always thought that loud exhaust (on a muscle car, not some buzzbomb Civic) meant power, and wondered why so many of our cars didn’t also have a loud sound while off the gas. I’ll need to rethink this. Thank you!! :)

Ask Alexa to enable car sounds. Ask for Dodge Demon. Bitchin Blower whine.

Straight through cheap glass packs and long stock tailpipes, no bigger than 1 7/8" and all the way to the bumper. I've never been able to get that sound from bigger tailpipes. Manifolds or headers work, I've gotten the sound from both. When I was 10 or 11, I watched my Dad make duels for his '55 F100, 292 V8. He called the sound "cackle", it made that sound every time he shifted on his way to town. All before the 55MPH national speed limit.

My Dad also called that sound ‘cackle’, and when I put new glass packs on my 70 RR with full exhaust, 2 1/4 tailpipes, and trumpets, it would cackle with headers or magnum manifolds. Until all the glass burnt out.

I always like the sound but it didn’t last all that long as I recall. Then they were basically straight pipes.

Why go to the trouble of having it sound like every other car. Do a turbine. How many people have actually heard a turbine car?

If you're doing it right you won't get that sound. A chump was driving that Coronet. Keep it smashed, bump the clutch!

Flowmasters always sound too tinny to me. I like the Magnaflows much better. Much deeper rumble.

My favorite-favorite exhaust is the SLP Loudmouth on an LT1 Camaro.

I have never heard a late model fuel injection car that had an exhaust sound i like. They obviously make power, but the f.i. eliminates the big-cam v8 lope and sound. The fueley cars are just loud.

upload_2021-2-4_8-32-18.jpeg

I have never heard a late model fuel injection car that had an exhaust sound i like. They obviously make power, but the f.i. eliminates the big-cam v8 lope and sound. The fueley cars are just loud.
FI doesnt eliminate the lope, it delivers more precise fuel delivery.
Different cam profiles eliminate the lope.

Auto Transport Service
Back