• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions?

Xp29h

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
looking for suggestion on the old 383 b block.

Here's the short story...383 was all messed up with 7:1 compression and was pulled for a stroker. But now what to do with it? Once I got it out and apart, p.o. Said it is bored .040 over, (I haven't actually checked it yet). But the problem is the flat top pistons are .150 thousands below the deck! Helps Explain the low compression.

I'm looking at building it back and get it running.. But it should have new Pistons and rods that will get it closer to deck. I don't want drop the cash to stroke it. Just want to get it running good. Thoughts on best way to go about this? So many piston sizes and rod lengths!

Thanks!

What do you want it to be be when its done? Street, race???
What do you need for it? I may be able to help you out with some not so used parts.

Well, great questions! Lol! It will not be going back in the charger unless I have a bad day with the 512 stroker. I guess good street. If it were to go back in the charger, it's a street car only.

Need: I don't really need it for anything right now. However, I spent so much time and cash trying to figure out what was so wrong it kicked my ***! I don't like having my *** kicked. So, if I'm keeping it, if it's going to sit on a stand, it outta be ready to go..

906 heads are all redone
New melling cam 236 int. 236 exh. At .050
Crank is forged! In good shape
Needs.. New water pump
Roller rockers
Pistons and rods
Bearings and all regular type rebuild stuff.

Like I stated the part that has me confused is Pistons and rods..

Texas, thanks for response pm me and we can talk about what you might have! Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back