• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summit/Patriot Headers H8207? any experience

rkohlman2013

Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
So I know this has been beat up about header clearance and fitment issues and after hours of searching the forums and the rest of the internet does any one actually have the summit or patriot headers? I am looking at the patriot H8207's or the Summit Sum-G9141 headers. The car is a 67 Coronet 440. Has a 383 with Edelbrock heads (newly installed) and my #6 plug is straight at the tube. They are old, and have seen better days so why not replace them. I know TTI headers are the best, have even looked at ARH headers that look better (in my own opinion). But for what I want to do middle of the pack headers are more in my budget currently. Has anyone used either of these headers? how did they fit? Does the collector line up with the crossmember? Let me know your thoughts! Thanks

Expect to ding them near the steering box. Pretty sure those are the same ones I put on the Road Runner. But that's not the same as your Coronet. Hopefully you don't have to ding them in.

I have the same headers on my 72 satellite,,if the heads were stock straight plug, these headers would work,,,,yes I am buying TTI's..I got lucky after I picked the car up and found a manual steering box out of a 69 dart, and a large piston aluminim master cylinder out of a 1 ton van,we chucked the vac booster over the shoulder, road feel is fantastic with all manual goodies.....oops, I am referring to the patriot headers..

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back