• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

**super-bee_ski**

" and i'll smoke two more when i'm through........"
Luv ya Bro!

20161110_210805.jpg

This is one of the nicest threads that I have ever read. Thanks to Ski for his thoughtful gesture. Hang in there Jimi, I'm pulling for you.

Jimi,
I had a little hiccup with the shipping of your Flag.
1. My initial FED->EX label was a misprint for FED EX ground, even though it was a FED EX "Express" (My fault)
2. Then on the second label my printer ran out of ink (Lexmark)
(2nd attempt for fed Ex to pick up at my house, Fed Ex never arrived)
3. I printed the correct label out at my work desk Wednesday
4. I left the package for pick-up at my work for Thursday (Friday, FED holiday, no work)
5. By Thursday at 4PM Fed Ex did NOT pick it up because "I did not schedule it for pick-up" (I have a hard time w/ the Fed Ex on-line menu, even though I have a business account with them, I always screw it up)
6. So, Thursday afternoon, my "Bud" who works second shift brought the box home, meanwhile Thursday afternoon I re-scheduled a pick up at my house. (3rd attempt)
7. It went out, successfully, "whew!" Friday
Tracking number is: 777679490834
Confirmation for pick up number: WJFA10 (from my residence)

Now: Included are numerous "Program patches" for the F-22 along with some neat decals, along with a set of "Raptor Wings" individuals receive for extra special work we do at the F-22 CTF, a recognition, but i can not remember what I got them for...
Also" Some "challenge Coins" that "we" in the Military use and carry all of the time (If some-one challenges you and you do NOT have your coin, you owe them a round" (A tradition)
Also: the F119 patch is an exclusive Pratt-Whitney engine patch specific/exclusive to the F-22.
-You SHOULD have the Box by Monday!
"super-bee_ski"

PS: It did go Fed Ex Express!

Saturday 12 November 2016 1024hrs
Update: Jimi, FED EX tracking says the Flag WAS dELIVERED to your door step this morning: 0919 Hrs!
COOL!

FED EX:
Date/Time
Activity Location

11/12/2016 - Saturday
9:19 am Delivered Homeland, CA
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
7:25 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery BLOOMINGTON, CA
6:29 am At local FedEx facility BLOOMINGTON, CA
6:26 am Arrived at FedEx location BLOOMINGTON, CA
2:29 am Departed FedEx location CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
12:07 am Arrived at FedEx location CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA

11/11/2016 - Friday
9:09 pm Left FedEx origin facility PALMDALE, CA
7:31 pm Arrived at FedEx location PALMDALE, CA
5:19 pm Picked up PALMDALE, CA

11/09/2016 - Wednesday
6:32 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Just awaiting Jimi's reply
I have called him
Left him a text message
I dont want the box stolen....
He is probably not having a "Good Day" due to his Chemo (Poison) on Thursday....
Any way, his Flag has been delivered...
"super-bee_ski"

super-bee_ski!! I'm in shock, speechless, thoroughly Humbled. I've never been so Graced. We've missed eachother on phone a couple times now. The letter You wrote, the Heart of All Who were part of the sortie......i am Profoundly stirred.
I took the Ensemble to Church today,,,little Homeland neighborhood Church i do. Unreheased, Mike, the Pastor did a presentation before service. He spoke briefly of the gift of unexpected Honor, recognition. Then He read the Certificate aloud, then asked me to show the Flag around to the Congregation. My knees were shaking! Reaction of the Church was Awe. Nobody is in more Awe than me.
These Challege Coins & the Wings are Spectacular! The top row of Badges/patches are glossy stickers, the remaining rows are stitched patches.
I only did not show a pic of Mark's letter framed, as it is His letterhead with Personal info.
Thank You Mark, & All those on the Team Who strove to Bless me with this Honor.
You ARE the Man, Ski!!
Greetings BBO-sters!!
And the fact that the Flag arrived on Veterans Day weekend is Amazing.
When i get some gas back in my tank, i can finish up the piece for the Team.
God Bless Everyone.

IMG_20161113_111118.jpg IMG_20161113_120517.jpg IMG_20161113_121232.jpg IMG_20161113_123659.jpg IMG_20161113_123948.jpg IMG_20161113_110925.jpg IMG_20161113_110935.jpg

I spoke to Mark on phone Sunday......i cant wait for the opportunity to meet, which Hopefully will be @ Spring Fling 2017! In the interim, i will be working on getting 'Mr. Gadget' here done for the 'Crew'
This Flag & docouments will never be far from me & will always accompany my sculpture. It already is weighing in heavy as to the Fate of the Ensemble,,,where it ends up upon my Death.....i have No Child to leave to......Peace On Earth......

IMG_20160824_111021.jpg IMG_20160922_101953.jpg

Just awaiting Jimi's reply
I have called him
Left him a text message
I dont want the box stolen....
He is probably not having a "Good Day" due to his Chemo (Poison) on Thursday....
Any way, his Flag has been delivered...
"super-bee_ski"
The Flag showing up on Veterans Day weekend was sure a Bonus. Truly unbelievable stuff Mark.
I Hope very much to come out of the other side of this cancer grapple, & be able to do some volunteer work in the Edwards Museum.
I was on the phone with my Big Sis saturday, going through some of Dad's log books & we found the War Years with Douglas & Martin. B-17D's! A-20, SBD, DC-4.............my most treasured,,,,time spent doing shakedown/ferry runs with Martin B-26 Marauders. I sure wish Dad could see this Wonderful thing that You & the Air Force have attributed to me. I can never Thank You enough Mark.....Your Friend & Allie,
Jim Stevens-Bridgewater

IMG_20161026_090116.jpg

Jimi,
I glad the package arrived safely.
Your quote:
"I sure wish Dad could see this Wonderful thing that You & the Air Force have attributed to me. I can never Thank You enough Mark.....Your Friend & Allie, Jim Stevens-Bridgewater"
I am sure your Dad is watching.
"super-bee_ski"

I cleaned up my Strat finally, strung Her with some new heavy 'flatties' & pinned super-bee_ski's F-22 Wings to the axe bridle. This axe has seen some time.....the paint job has a helluvan aviation story behind it surrounding a Lear 35.

IMG_20161115_013343.jpg IMG_20161114_065607.jpg IMG_20161114_065814.jpg IMG_20161114_065914.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back