• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbee vs Deer

Randra

Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
In the 35 years I've owned this car I have never let anyone drive it without me in the car. Until monday when my son was going to take my car to the restoration shop he works at to sell the hood on my car to a client. (I have a better one I've been wanting to install) He decided to come home after dark with my car. ( which I wasn't happy about) He hit the deer at about 60mph. The hood flew open and he spun the car around 180. It stopped on the very edge of the shoulder. We had to remove the hood to transport. ( it wouldn't close) all in all it isn't too bad. He survived and my car survived. Lesson learned? Never let anyone drive my car again.
20211027_172737.jpg
20211027_172733.jpg
20211027_172715.jpg
20211027_172711.jpg

Man that sucks. I think about that all the time when I drive mine at dusk. Is your insurance going to cover you? Hopefully no one got hurt. (except the deer)
The car can be fixed and it looks like just bolt on parts.

Oh those deer are big in Wisconsin!

Really sucks, wrong place at the wrong time. I guess the deal on the hood fell through?

Man that sucks. I think about that all the time when I drive mine at dusk. Is your insurance going to cover you? Hopefully no one got hurt. (except the deer)
The car can be fixed and it looks like just bolt on parts.
Passenger fender got banged up a bit. Most of it is bolt on. Good thing the driving season is almost over here in Wisconsin

Oh those deer are big in Wisconsin!

Really sucks, wrong place at the wrong time. I guess the deal on the hood fell through?
Yes it fell through. I dont think he wants it anymore lol. It was a buck.
20211026_202251.jpg

You could call Roy and Jamie at MegaParts. They are in Coon Valley. They may be able to help.

And that’s why I don’t drive my Coronet or my Harley at night here in north Florida. Our deer are small at 100# but they can still do damage.
I will sacrifice my Silverado any night over the car or bike.
Sucks for your car and power bulge hood and grill but it could be worse.
Core support and bumper look to be ok.
I am guessing your son feels terrible.

It's nobody's fault when a deer runs into your car but the deers. When informing the insurance company alway say "A deer ran into my car". Never say "I hit a deer". These days, believe it or not, it makes a difference.

Fuzzy pic... pulling up to my house the other day. We really need to thin out the population.
F1687DB8-7EEA-4AC3-9062-6C4CA37CA0D7.jpeg

Sorry to hear and glad everyone is fine, but, you said it in the right order "he survived" and my car survived. I'm proud of your priorities.

sucks........ just bad luck.......glad he's ok, car not too bad..... save that bulge area of the hood

Oh man, a red '68 Bee. That brings back so many fond memories:
1968 super bee.jpg
No, she wasn't "right" - but she was a real 'Bee. Worst decision of my life, selling that car.
I'd kill to get her back and do her justice.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back