• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird painting procedures

Stucat

Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Good evening , getting ready to paint my Bird. Was wondering how they die the painting after the did all the mods. The nose, hood and wing where painted off the car? where the fenders painted off the car? How bout the lower valance? How much of the area around the plug was painted? Was there a written procedure on the painting? thanks

I don't really know how they were painted at the factory. I do know that the wing, rear window plug and nose were installed at Creative Industry's. So, I will just assume that the wing nose cone and hood were finished there. As far as the window plug, that was all covered with the vinyl top. So again I would assume that it was primed and maybe some paint, but who knows. There have been many articles about the nose not quite matching the rest of the car, but I never heard anything about the hood or wing. I can't judge by my car as it had been painted previous to my ownership, even though I am the second owner.

Superbirds actually went up the road from the Lynch Road facility to Chryslers Clairpoint building for assembly. Only the Daytonas were done at Creative. Cars were painted in Acrylic, noses in Lacquer

Auto Transport Service
Back