• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

superbird question

1970 roadrunner lover

Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
i have a question about superbirds did most superbirds come in hemi orange or is that what most people just paint them

Blue (2 shades)
White
Yellow
Red
Orange
Green (Sublime or Limelight)

OFFICIAL PLYMOUTH COLOR CODE 1970:
■Tor Red (looked reddish/orange)
■Limelight Green
■Lemon Twist Yellow
■Vitamin C Orange
■Corporation "Petty" Blue
■Alpine White
■Blue Fire Metallic (B5)

NOTE: Unlike the 1969 Dodge Daytona, ALL 1970 Plymouth Superbirds came with vinyl roofs.

What color are you buying?
Tee hee hee...

Typically, a ploy to appear to flood the market with "lots of cars of a certain design, to make an impact" Car manufactures of the 60s would release a model with a higher concentration of a SPECIFIC color in certain demographical areas.
Giving the impression of "many" cars of that model.
It worked!
Prime example is the 1969 GTO "Judge" in Careousol Red (Orange) [[First introduced in the 68 Firebird and 68 camaro as a trial color]]
Many people to this day believe the 1969 GTO Judge was only that color orange. They are imncorrect.

Hope this helps you 1970 Roadrunner Lover.

not sure of the production #s,but most of the ones i have come across where either petty blue or limelight green.

Years ago they had a black one up at the grand stand at the Corvettes at Carlisle show. 440 pistol grip as I recall. I was just about to enter into high school yet I drempt about that car more often and for more years than any woman. Must have been 1987 or '88.

OFFICIAL PLYMOUTH COLOR CODE 1970:
Tor Red (looked reddish/orange)
Limelight Green
Lemon Twist Yellow
Vitamin C Orange
Corporation "Petty" Blue
Alpine White
Blue Fire Metallic (B5)

Original sales brochure shows six colors available, but you could "special" order Corporation Blue (Petty blue). And there were two documented burnt orange metallic cars built. Over the years there were a few birds painted black by owners, not factory. All the vinyl tops were black, again, some owners changed a few to white.

thank yall i was just wondering because out of the three superbirds i have seen in person two were orange and one yellow

Blue Fire,Tor-Red,Limelight and Alpine White were the most common of the seven.There are figures on the Aero Warriors web site

Auto Transport Service
Back