• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superstock clarification

We'll see how rusty I am this weekend. Borrowed a buddy's 65 Belvedere to run the NMCA finals at Indy. Its a solid 11.50 index/street car. So I'll be being chased a lot. Only issue is it has a mechanical water pump and fan.
Doug

Don't worry about the water pump. Just be sure you can get some water in it those last couple rounds.

We'll see how rusty I am this weekend. Borrowed a buddy's 65 Belvedere to run the NMCA finals at Indy. Its a solid 11.50 index/street car. So I'll be being chased a lot. Only issue is it has a mechanical water pump and fan.
Doug
that doesnt worry my Plymouth , have clutch fan / mech pump . From mid 11s to current low 10s .

Tex

I believe in SS Stock one is allowed to be .050 bored over. But stock stroke. So even a 440 would be just a bit short of 451. (I think .060 makes 451?) I looked into it once upon a time. The rulebook got a lot thicker for that class. Here is where shaving mgrams of weight here and there. And building to blue printed quality pays off. It's a car nerd's paradise. Finding ways to legally cheat for lack of a better definition?
.080" over in stock and superstock.

Doug

Good luck, Doug. It’s a different world when you’re out in front with a faster car coming on you. I’m sure you’ll be fine though. Be sure and let us know how you do.

So you're foot braking now?
Doug

So I can legally run the exact same bore and stroke as I do now, just not in a B-series block. That’s frustrating.
But is your car 100% super stock friendly? NHRA handbook good to go?

So you're foot braking now?
I've been foot braking my entire racing career. N/SS allows no starting line rev chip, no electronics. Even when I bracket race against trans brake cars I foot brake.
Doug

Going to be a fun weekend ahead!

So I can legally run the exact same bore and stroke as I do now, just not in a B-series block. That’s frustrating.

In NHRA SS, Most “440” big block Mopars require a full roll cage for the class they fit in.
There are quite a few rules regarding several aspects of the class.
You should get a copy of the rule book and read through the requirements for the class.

This weekends borrowed racer. He drove down to me in the rain no less.
Doug

car frazier 2.jpg
car Frazier.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
NICE
I've been foot braking my entire racing career. N/SS allows no starting line rev chip, no electronics. Even when I bracket race against trans brake cars I foot brake.
Doug

Doug

Like I've said I stayed a foot brake guy too. Still did pretty well against the brake/timer guys. Not too many lined up against me. Took my fair share of wins. My cars were consistent and I found the light often enough. Seems like that's what counts.

Again, my solution was to be a bracket racer. After a while I figured out that most of the guys that played the NHRA legal class game didn't do well in the bracket wars. Fine by me. Some of those guys did OK, not many.
Not true about class racers not doing well bracket racing. Other than class eliminations which are run heads up, it's mostly handicap racing. Class racers are excellent bracket racers.

Auto Transport Service
Back