• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspenders, belt, rope?

What do you use?

• Belt

• Suspenders

• Rope

• Nothing

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where would you want zippers? My Big Smiths have a zipper at the fly. Don't need one anywhere else except maybe up the sides. But the buttons do the job.
Down side of leg, if you got boots or shoes on they make it easier to slip into. My father in law had two pair of the jump suits he used on the aircraft carrier (marine mechanic) very lightweight but no way I can get in either of them. He was 85 when he died and could STILL get in his dress blues.

Last edited:
Carhartt Carpenter pants with a belt for everyday. As a Lineman, I wore Carhartt Brown Duck bibs for years over my regular work clothes in the winter with a heavy sweatshirt. Hands down the most comfortable and maneuverable for linework. I've never had a pair of insulated bibs, the heat is in the work lol. Brown duck bibs take a good year to "wear in", and NEVER launder them. If you do, lifespan will be half. I haven't found a good pair of bibs that are lightweight and have leg zippers yet.
I have looked at Carhartt. They do look rugged, but I don't care for the pocket depth and arrangement.

Down side of leg, if you got boots or shoes on they make it easier to slip into. My father in law had two pair of the jump suits he used on the aircraft carrier (marine mechanic) very lightweight but no way I can get in either of them. He was 85 when he died and could STILL get in his dress blues.
Got to ask. Who puts their boots on and then their jeans? My boots are left at the door. First things off and last things on.

Got to ask. Who puts their boots on and then their jeans? My boots are left at the door. First things off and last things on.
Fully clothed then the insulated bibs over them

Fully clothed then the insulated bibs over them
Insulated bibs are a completely different category. Mine have leg zippers. Getting boots thew them are not a problem. Maybe your feet are just too big. I can see where insulated boots could be a problem.

Insulated bibs are a completely different category. Mine have leg zippers. Getting boots thew them are not a problem. Maybe your feet are just too big. I can see where insulated boots could be a problem.
Let’s back up, the insulated bib overalls. I’m fully clothed (cold outside) the legs have zippers all the way up to hip. Easy to get on. What I thought would be nice is regular bibs with zippers up the side to wear over reg pants. Unless it’s 85 out then just wear the bibs with drawers on

He could use some comfy bib overalls instead of a belt.

1663288022885.jpeg

Let’s back up, the insulated bib overalls. I’m fully clothed (cold outside) the legs have zippers all the way up to hip. Easy to get on. What I thought would be nice is regular bibs with zippers up the side to wear over reg pants. Unless it’s 85 out then just wear the bibs with drawers on
Why? Do you wear regular pants over regular pants? Do you also want zippers in the legs of those also? If you want to wear bibs over anything why not Longjohns?

Why? Do you wear regular pants over regular pants? Do you also want zippers in the legs of those also? If you want to wear bibs over anything why not Longjohns?
Insulated blue jeans then heavy insulated over all’s in the WINTER when it’s 20 or below. The thinner the pants the less need for zips, easy to get on with nothing but underwear on. Sometimes use cover all’s for real dirty work anytime of the year.

Auto Transport Service
Back