• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sway bar install

Rusty knuckles

Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Can you folks tell me where these go on a front sway bar install on a 69 charger? I cannot figure it out from the directions.

20220513_162155.jpg

I think that bracket is made for the lower control arm. Not entirely sure but if you are installing an aftermarket front sway bar on a car that didn't have one, you will need a bracket on the lower control arm. Here is a pic of the lower control arm with sway bar brackets installed from the factory.

100_6878.JPG

That makes sense. My car had one and the new bar is in and seems to work right. Just couldn't figure out where these pieces went.

That bracket installs on the lower shock absorber attachment bolt and provides the attachment point for the bar end links. You might want longer lower shock bolts too. My 65 install with similar angle brackets just barely had enough thread to hold the nut locking portion.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back