• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Switch removal 1966 Coronet

Daniel Krause

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Taking the lower switches out for dash painting (light, wiper, flasher, ignition).
Got the ignition switch out already, but wanted to verify the procedure on the others. I read that on the light switch, there’s a button to remove the post. Front bezel is rotated with a needle nose pliers in the absence of a special bezel tool? Same on the others?
Thank you!

The front bezel is rotated with a needle nose pliers, in the absence of a special bezel tool?

Make sure you put some tape on the ends of the pliers, so you don't scratch the chrome up

Just get them started....the bezels will move by hand very freely. When you tighten then back up just make sure you put them back in order.

You can get the correct tools for around $20 on ebay.
I guess it depends on the current condition of the chrome, and if it matters to you.
I did the pliers, screwdriver, and other methods before back in 1980s then these cars were just used cars, and screwed up the chrome on some of them.
Now that the cars are pricy and chrome plating expensive, I spent a few bucks on the tools.

Auto Transport Service
Back