• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Requesting 1st Gen Charger Dash Pictures

SnowMonkVX

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
So I'm still continuing the revival of my '67 Charger, and I would appreciate if some other owners could post some pictures of their 1st gen Chargers dash setup. I'm specifically interested in the button / switch layout. By my understanding '67 Chargers did not have a hood release located on the dash, but all the other switches / knobs should be the same. Now I'm fairly certain mine is setup as it should, but I'm curious to see others or even factory knowledge / setup's to see if mine has been altered at all.

From left to right mine is currently set up as --
Headlight Hold Open -- Lights -- Wipers -- Flashers - Steering Wheel - 2nd Inop Flasher Switch -- Ignition -- Cigarette Lighter -- Factory A/C Vents

What should be at the 2nd flasher switch mine has? '66 that should be hood release correct?

Many thanks for any pictures of information.

PXL_20220808_222639748.jpg

PXL_20220815_235843429.jpg

Yes yours has the one extra flasher, shouldn't be there.
The 66s had 3 and 3, unless it was ordered with 4 ways, then it had 4 and 3.
67s were 4 and 2.
20220220_213002.jpg

On my 66 it is headlight hold open, lights, wipers (no flasher) column, hood release, key, lighter.

Yours looks to have factory cruise control. That had to be rare for 67. Wow.

Someone in its life put a hole in your dash and put that switch in. Is it wired to anything? If not I would take it out and put in a hood release or a rear speaker control if you are planning on a stereo.

So from the Factory 1967 Chargers are suppose to be 4 by 2 left to right?

I can confirm through Chrysler my car was born a '67, but it has been hacked to spliced in every sense of the definition through its years that there is no telling if the dash installed to it is factory original or a replacement. The 3rd hole I have on the right side of the column was labeled flasher, but it is a momentary 2 way switch, and was loosely connected to a power antenna that has been installed.

I haven't removed the '2nd' flasher switch on the right yet, but I will do so this weekend to inspect if the hole looks custom or if it may be something else. The spacing looks a little off, I'll have to compare it to an OEM '66 Dash.

Yours looks to have factory cruise control. That had to be rare for 67. Wow.
Wasn't an available option until a few years later, but someone tried splicing it into this car. It missing 60% of the system, but the speedo cable module, turn signal / control stem, and some of the wiring is present.

PXL_20230706_164612579.jpg

PXL_20230706_164622879.jpg

How many different dashes were there for 66 67 Chargers..
3 +3 no ac
3+3 w ac
4+3 no ac w 4 way
4+3 w ac w 4 way
4+2 no ac
4+2 w ac

One thing I like is that some of the 67 dealer info show a 4 - 3 setup with a hood release. I am guessing that your dash was drilled to fit someone's mod. I even was considering drilling a hole for a hood release but decided to put one in the lighter position. Relocating the lighter to grill on the back of the console with a light.
1688679858702.jpeg

One thing I like is that some of the 67 dealer info show a 4 - 3 setup with a hood release. I am guessing that your dash was drilled to fit someone's mod. I even was considering drilling a hole for a hood release but decided to put one in the lighter position. Relocating the lighter to grill on the back of the console with a light.
View attachment 1490597
And if all else fails.. you have another right behind that!!

View attachment 1490597
Where did you find the rear Console grill with lighter?

Off a 2 door 67 Chrylser being parted out. There were 3 styles: Nothing, Light, and Lighter/Light.
And you have the light/lighter?
I have one but converted my 67 to a 66 rear console

No problem selling those on cbodies lol

Mystery Solved. I suppose I should have gone this route in the first place, but I still gathered useful information through this post, so I thank all for the responses.

Switch is definetally a custom install, however it is pretty clean, spaced evenly between the ignition switch and column, and is a legit Mopar 'Up - Netrual - Down' old electric momentary switch. So curiously that the switch was loosely connected to the power antenna that had been installed, as that might be the switched manufactured intent. However, I have since wired the Pwr antenna to function properly, and this switch would not have been adequate.

PXL_20230710_134105863.jpg

PXL_20230710_134130857.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back