• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Switching tires from 14 to 15

Mikey59

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
Switching tires on my charger from 60 /14 to 60/15's . How many teeth on the speedo do I need to run in my transmission I've got a 727 auto. ?

You can find 15 inch tires with the same diameter as the 14

brewers has a nice chart on their website, you can look up approx tire diameters on sites like tire rack.

1691653790400.png

If you are buying new tires, don't believe what the manufactures tell you. Measure them yourself. I bought some tires advertised as 28" tall, but I measured 26" unmounted & 26.5" mounted and inflated! You couldn't get them to 28" unless you put them on a dragster with thousands of horsepower spinning at full throttle!

Looking at Brewer's chart, it looks like Chrysler meant their cars to run with a 26.5" tire. That way, you could just take the first two numbers of your rear gear, and that is how many teeth is needed on your speedo gear.

Auto Transport Service
Back