• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T Caps ?

Those definitely go OVER the existing frame. FYI - I have a set for sale if you're interested. I ended up replacing my entire frame.

Not a fan of capping rust but that's what those are.

Knowing very little about welding as I do. How are these thicker caps, welded to the thinner inner rocker ? Or is the inner rocker thick as well ?

"Not a fan of capping rust but that's what those are. " My saving grace, is that only the very outer portion is rotted.

You will need to check out your inner rockers, take a small hammer, awl, punch , ect and see if you can poke through anyplace around the area your going to be welding on. If it seems solid then scrape any under coat & gunk off then prep with a grinder to bare steel.
You may have to do a little trimming on the ends of those caps to get them to lay correct, you want solid contact between all parts and edges before you start welding.

Auto Transport Service
Back