• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T V auto show cancelled

Wow,I guess I had a different take on that show. I thought he was a hack and a prick. Who takes a customer's car out,slams on the brakes and puts flat spots on all 4 tires? Seemed like a dungeon,depressing place to work.

No reality shows for me .All these shows try to make honey out of dog **** . and I dont like dog **** no matter how much sugars on top. :D

I watched it from time to time. I doubt any scripted TV show can accurately depict personalities, finished work of a restoration shop. I guess it all depends on what level of restoration you want. Id rely on personal experiences of others dealing with shops and never a TV show.
If i was to make the commitment to restore a car and wanted a high end job id have to travel no more than a couple of hours. Dennis Kohrs to do the complete end to end job or our very own Eldubb440 whose body and paint match or are better than any restoration TV show's work

Having pressed through restoring two cars in my time what I find somewhat irritating is the parts of resto they wouldn't usually spotlight; I suppose the nitty-gritty is boring preferring to keep the camera on more exciting-shiny things. And I'm not a fan of overly customized cars with flame jobs, bicycle wheels, painted bumpers that used to be chrome, or dropping the car an inch off the ground. Hey, not knocking those who do...each to their own tastes.

F1F2AA3E-1BEB-4975-8E83-51BA6935D2D7.jpeg
Drama. Everything a shock. If he saw my car he’d ****.

I've often wondered, do these people producing these car/auto programs, think the viewers want the drama like the people that watch those housewives shows ? If so, they're clueless.

They must know what they are doing because all these shows follow the same format.

Like overeact to conditions caused over 50 years in some cases. Then there is the bullshit deadlines. Specific point, he will not install after market air. WTH. Agree with the flat spot test for brakes. Is that really necessary?

My wife always laughed at that guy and show. "Son of a bitch!" She knew how fake it was. She'll walk out to my shop, see I'm having an issue with something, and say..........Son of a bitch! She cracks me up.

They must know what they are doing because all these shows follow the same format.

I watch about 2 car-shows and or racing a month. I'd rather watch drama series reruns with my wife, at night.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back