• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tachometer not working

1968rick

Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
My 68 Satelite has a factory tach. The engine has Mopar electronic ignition. was this stock or an add on?
How to get the tach to work with the electronic ignition?

I don't remember, electronic didn't come out until 72? or so, certainly not 68. It should be hooked to the coil NEG terminal. I don't know any reason why it would not work if the tach is good and wired up correctly Should be a blue to power and a green through a grommet on the firewall to the coil NEG

HTML:
My 68 Satelite has a factory tach. The engine has Mopar electronic ignition. was this stock or an add on?
How to get the tach to work with the electronic ignition?

Tach should work but it will not be accurate, maybe +/- 500 rpm with some needle bounce depending on what ecu you are using. After I started shifting at 6000 I wired up a bosch gauge on the side of the steering column to get an accurate reading. 68 had points ignition.

Sonny Red is temporally having the same problem (dash tac) '69 Electronic ign'....when it is fixed I will share.:icon_question:

Auto Transport Service
Back