• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tail light polishing...

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
I have a set of 69 sport satellite/gtx tail light surrounds that need to be polished and get some pits removed, Any body know a decent place thats not an arm and a leg? Or anything I can do myself would be helpful. Thanks alot!

That stuff is pot metal. I just Plastic Media Blasted some same kind of stuff tonight, they cleaned up REALLY nicely. I will do my GTX pot metal tail light and tail panel sometime soon, like maybe Thur or Fri.

I knew they were pot metal,some people dont know what the hell they are so I just said tail light surrounds to make it easier,Thanks Donny,Wish u were closer I would have u blast my whole damn car,dont trust the idiots by us,any other suggestions?!

Thanks Ben. Yeah, I was very pleased with the way they came out after hitting it with pure plastic media, no aggressive stuff like normal for the rusty hulks I do.

Donny,

Could you post a pic or two of what the pot metal parts look like after plastic media blasting? I've never seen it done before. Before and after shots would be cool. Thanks.

Sure thing, but, only the after shots on the current lot of pot metal stuff I did yesterday. I prolly should put my GTX stuff in there and PMB it and put pics up...yeah, that's what I'll do, in a few days time I'll do so...

Auto Transport Service
Back