• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taillight Panel Painting Advice!?

motorparts92

Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
When i was fifteen, i wanted a mopar badly. Long story short, i found a 70 super bee for sale in the backwoods here in West Virginia. I have been working on restoring it for the past five years now. Being a young grasshopper, i have learned alot in these past five years on this subject, but i am by no means a automotive genius. In this thread, i am wanting information on my taillight panel. My car is an original wm23 super bee, and had a tailight panel with red stripes, etc painted on it. Well being a forty-two year old car, that paint has not held up so well. I decided that my panel was structurally in good enough shape to just strip what paint was left, and attepmt to paint the stripes back on. The panel looks wonderful right now, with no paint...as the paint stripper left a polished appearance where the paint used to be. I still want it painted and since it is such a nice piece, i do not want to fudge it up. I contacted Eastwood's tech support, and they simply told me they have no products or information to help me :icon_evil:

I am inquiring on what type of paint should i use, if there are any special chemicals out there that may help the paint adhere to the aluminum better, etc. All advice is welcome and greatly appreciated!!

-Casey

someone correct me if im wrong , but i think the paint you need is called ORANGOSOL...but im not 100% positive

Auto Transport Service
Back