• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALK about a explosion

Many interesting questions come to mind. Here are my top four.

1. This "2750 metric tons of ammonium nitrate" has been sitting there in storage for about six years.??
2. Somehow this amount of this material was purchased and received and stored for a reason??
3. The conditions needed to make this energy release possible (from that substance) were evidently in place.--Stupidity??
4. The location of that port (in all of the world) just makes the first three questions more important to contemplate when asking them.

Hey ws23jrt,
Do you really want to get into the heads of those from Beirut ????? You sure ????
That would mean you would have to unravel the towel !!!!!! Ewwww, gross.....

Do you really want to get into the heads of those from Beirut ?

I don't want to "get in there"--I want to look in there.
I like to learn stuff to try to connect the dots that make a picture appear.

2086 metric tons in the ship that blew up Texas City in 47. As a refinery worker, we got to see the vid from that mess......

2086 metric tons in the ship that blew up Texas City in 47. As a refinery worker, we got to see the vid from that mess......

I'm familiar with that history and the story.
BTW some of my working career was working in several refineries. The protocols I am used to lead me to my questions about this event.
This was just a port storage facility/building.--And just sitting like that for six years??

I guess the biggest explosion in a ship yard in Canada was in HALIFAX harbour in Nova SCOTIA,a vessel carrying ammunition n power kegs blew up n leveled the whole area n killed over 2000 people

= 2 kt blast. Hiroshima was vaporized by 12kt, Nagasaki about 15kt, i think. Sad. Lebanon was once a vital intersection between faiths and cultures, and lived through 15 y of senseless killings. History buffs may remember the Western captives held for years for ransom, then later traded.

i hope balcony guy made it out ok

watermelon

EFFD1AAC-1A00-438C-89C9-9525E987A36F.jpeg

Yeah... that's a bad day for sure. Apparently the ammonium nitrate was confiscated years ago through a customs inspection and just stored in a warehouse all this time... crazy - I've seen some big booms overseas in the sandbox by that was crazy

Many interesting questions come to mind. Here are my top four.

1. This "2750 metric tons of ammonium nitrate" has been sitting there in storage for about six years.??
2. Somehow this amount of this material was purchased and received and stored for a reason??
3. The conditions needed to make this energy release possible (from that substance) were evidently in place.--Stupidity??
4. The location of that port (in all of the world) just makes the first three questions more important to contemplate when asking them.
Some of those questions are dealt with in this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/05/video/beirut-explosion-footage.html

Some are triggered to speculate about why this happened and what would be the motive?
Such is the nature of speculation.

Some very few may prosper from this. I expect those few to be disconnected from it.

Auto Transport Service
Back